Correction: Tucson get-together in March - Page 12

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#111: Post by dumpshot »

Thank you, Joel and Barbara, for hosting us. Your house and kitchen were the perfect setting for a bunch of crazies like this group.

A couple of things stand out: it is a thrill to meet people from the forum. It always strikes me that the considerable amount of time I spend here reading, learning, and engaging with like-minded enthusiasts by its own nature lacks real human interaction. So to meet "the guys" in person is just great. Thanks to everyone for that.

And it was a blast to play with a lot of equipment that I know ALL about, but have never seen in person, namely Compak K10, Ceado E37S, a beautiful matching pair of Olympias (Cremina and Maximatic). Using the HG-One was great, too. I thought that my next grinder was for sure going to be something from the world of electricity. But now I am not sure. That thing is a joy. My only regret is that I was sidetracked on a dialing-in project and missed the Portaspresso demo.

And special thanks to Dave and Bob for giving me a lift back into town. Saved my wife a long trip and she really appreciated that.

Let's do it again!!

Pete
LMWDP #484

mauijer

#112: Post by mauijer »

dumpshot wrote: My only regret is that I was sidetracked on a dialing-in project and missed the Portaspresso demo.

Pete
Happy to bring it again next time!

ilVecchio (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#113: Post by ilVecchio (original poster) »

Miravalle washed!

Curious to know who left me a generous gift of these beans when at my home, and where they were sourced. I just found them in my freezer and will sample tomorrow.

I miss all of you guys. Let's do it again.

Joel

Boldjava

#114: Post by Boldjava »

"Who left them?"

Shoot, wasn't me. I would have stolen them and wiped off fridge door prints had I known they were there.
-----
LMWDP #339

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#115: Post by dumpshot »

It is me, the mysterious gifter of beans. They were sourced from Cartel and no longer available! I went through three or four bags of them. Really enjoyed it brewed and Colin (gophish) and I made some tasty shots on your lovely Cremina. As a matter of fact, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I came close on my Caravel, but never equaled the shots from the Cremina. I even put in an impulse bid on an eBay Cremina a week or two after our meetup as a result. Glad I didn't win that one (wasn't a good deal).

Yes, let's do it again.

Pete
LMWDP #484

mauijer

#116: Post by mauijer replying to dumpshot »

LOL; I started looking at Creminas too!

ilVecchio (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#117: Post by ilVecchio (original poster) »

The Cremina is truly something special. It's just so forgiving shot after shot.

I'm entranced by the Strietman CT-1 due to quick warm-up and temperature control. Now if someone would just buy my Alexia!

Joel

mauijer

#118: Post by mauijer replying to ilVecchio »

haha, I wondered about why you were selling :wink: The CT-1 looks awesome. A true piece of modern art: I hope you get it so we can all play with it :D

Gig103

#119: Post by Gig103 »

ilVecchio wrote:Miravalle washed!

Curious to know who left me a generous gift of these beans when at my home, and where they were sourced. I just found them in my freezer and will sample tomorrow.

I miss all of you guys. Let's do it again.

Joel
Nice, that was a clever surprise left for you. And I'm game for another meetup; I just wish I had something more exotic to contribute than coffee beans!