Favorite Personal Roast of the Year? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Boldjava (original poster)

#11: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

SAB wrote:What was your source?
Klatch has some green Hambela. http://www.klatchroasting.com/Green_Eth ... am_nat.htm
-----
LMWDP #339

Ellejaycafe

#12: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Almico wrote:I got a bag from RoyalNY in Jersey. I live about 30 minutes from them.

I've roasted and sold about 100# of it, but I'm keeping the rest for myself. Hopefully it will last till next years crop. I have my name on 4 bags for 2016.

For a natural coffee, I found it to be virtually defect free, even at the lightest of roast levels

It's a wonderful coffee as a SO, but a few grams sprinkled on top of even a pedestrian Colombian can make a cup sing.
Do they still have any? That's my roasters main supplier. Would love to get some
LMWDP #544

Boldjava (original poster)

#13: Post by Boldjava (original poster) replying to Ellejaycafe »

Just washed.
-----
LMWDP #339

Ellejaycafe

#14: Post by Ellejaycafe replying to Boldjava »

Dang. Yeah I checked their website and saw that. I missed out on that one. I'll have to make sure to tell my roaster about it next year, hoping it will be as good. I don't think the washed will be quite the same. RoyalNY has provided us with some great stuff over the years.

This weekend we cupped some of the Costa Rican SHB Tarrazu Parritilla Natural Micro Lot GP that seems promising and really good as an espresso. Seems like Costa Rica had a great year, I remember having some great coffees this year.
LMWDP #544

Almico

#15: Post by Almico »

Ellejaycafe wrote:Do they still have any? That's my roasters main supplier. Would love to get some
They had about 200 bags that went pretty quick. I tried to pick up a 2nd bag a few weeks later and it was gone. I tried a sample of Gr2 Hambela natural from Bodhi Leaf, but it left me disappointed compared to the Special Prep. Here's the link if you want to try some:
http://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/collecti ... ella-green