Refurbished Vario directly from Baratza?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
rober1217

#1: Post by rober1217 »

Quick question, what exactly do you get when you buy a refurb vario straight from baratza? are they just as good as a new one? anyone have experience with one?

NightFlight

#2: Post by NightFlight »

Quick question, what exactly do you get when you buy a refurb vario straight from baratza?
From the Baratza website:
Refurbished grinders are preowned grinders that have been fixed, cleaned, and updated to the newest parts, but might have minor blemishes and scratches from previous use. The refurbished grinders come with a 1 year warranty, see support for detailed warranty information. The supply of refurbished grinders is limited. If you do not see the grinder you are looking for please check back Thursday morning. We do not keep a waiting list and do not take orders over the phone or e-mail.
are they just as good as a new one?
Yes but may have scratches and/or blemishes
anyone have experience with one?
Yes a preciso and it had no scratches or blemishes and works great. Baratza's customer service is fantastic and legendary and parts are available and inexpensive. Just pull the trigger.

millcityroasters

#3: Post by millcityroasters »

rober1217 wrote:Quick question, what exactly do you get when you buy a refurb vario straight from baratza? are they just as good as a new one? anyone have experience with one?
I've purchased from them several times and have been entirely happy each time. Once I accidentally broke a part assembling something or other (should have read the manual) and they mailed me a free replacement part the next day. If I wanted to save a couple of bucks, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a refurb.

MNSTA

#4: Post by MNSTA »

I have had excellent service from Baratza,
I broke an adjustment collar on my preciso so I ordered a new one from them, unfortunately it never arrived, lost in the post maybe ?
Any how they sent me another immediately, no extra charge, and that arrived safely.

spearfish25

#5: Post by spearfish25 »

Baratza is top notch on the customer service side of things. My only question would be if they replace all refurbs with new burrs or not. I'm not sure if they turn them around or replace them.

NightFlight

#6: Post by NightFlight »

I would presume they would check the burrs and if needed would replace them. If you really need to know give them a call.

IntrepidQ3

#7: Post by IntrepidQ3 »

I have a referb vario from baratza. Been running it for close to 2 years with no issues. Their customer service is top notch and they are willing to work with you, I unfortunately know this first hand with their other products but have had no issues with my vario.

When I received my vario the burrs looked new, but as mentioned before a quick call to them will give you the best answer. Don't worry they are really friendly :D .
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud