Recent Posts

by Bluenoser, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 18 Views: 680

Smallest Kafatek

My MC3 is dead easy to maintain.. I clean once maybe twice a year.. Takes me 15 minutes.. 0.1g retention at worst.. beautiful operation. The only thing in the espresso hobby near this price that I haven't had regrets on
by cyclezib, 9 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 381 Views: 24818

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

I'm curious, how would you describe the taste of the extractions from the CT2 versus your spring lever machine. I can fully imagine the fun and the skilled challenge in using a manual lever. But at the end of the day, it isn't the process for me, it is how it tastes?
by toots, 14 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Restauration of a faema due 1-group

{image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} {image} Hi all, These are a few pictures of the restauration of a faema due i bought for 100 euros at a greek restaurant. The machine was in pretty good shape but i decided to strip down and completely overhaul. I insulated the boiler to reduce energy consumption and it works great
by drgary, 14 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 37 Views: 842

New to gas roasting - please help!

I've been paying more attention to ET than BT ROR and was advised to not let ET decline. I tasted the difference and the ET decline yielded a roasty flavor where an apparent flick with steady ET did not. H-B member Michael aka CarefreeBuzzBuzz pointed me to an article showing that too slow a BT ROR during 1C tastes
by ira, 24 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 3 Views: 196

LaColombe Dragon Brewer

If the local college has a chemistry department you might see if they have a glass lab, UC Irvine in your case I believe. A lot of serious chemistry departments have people who make custom setups for experiments. Find one of those and figure out what it takes to convince the glass blower to make you one. Ira
by baristainzmking, 28 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 17 Views: 1067

Wife demands better espresso machine

Congratulations! Enjoy your new toys!
by ira, 29 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 9 Views: 494

Momentem: First Dual Burr Two Phase Manual Grinder

But it's a burr, and it's adjustable. So while technically it's being used as a pre-breaker, it's not really designed for that purpose. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just pointing something out. Ira
by drgary, 29 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 20 Views: 554

Robusta Coffee For Espresso

Exactly. That's why I recommended them. I'm more careful these days about posting very skeptical takes where I don't have actual experience
by LewBK, 33 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 9 Views: 494

Momentem: First Dual Burr Two Phase Manual Grinder

If you watch the video around minute 3, the first upper burr is like a pre-breaker as far as I can tell while the second lower burr is more refined
by ash4889, 34 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 18 Views: 680

Smallest Kafatek

I really want to thank all of you guys who gave me your opinions, I'm leaning toward the lagoon but my mouth is watering for the monolith. One of the reasons why I like it better it's the quality and the craftsmanship of the craftsmanship of the built, I can tell if heads and tails over the Langom. I