Recent posts

by another_jim
3 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 7
Views: 141

Hopper fed grinder

Ceado has a very good reputation for on-demand grinders. They do get knocks on their single dosers, but that is not what you're looking for
by buckersss
4 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 36
Views: 5277

Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Hey Jeff You have the pico on your bar now yes? Do you also have the mini, or was that just for a review? Id be very curious to hear your thoughts on mini vs pico taste
Advertisement
by Milligan
11 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 46
Views: 1946

Hacea Coffee Impressions

I tried just about all their Guatemalan coffees last year and they were all great. Some of the highest quality Guatemalan greens I've had. All were better than a Royal Gem Guatemalan I ordered around the same time. I don't think I've ever had a dud from them that can recall
by AdubKW
14 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 665

La Marzocco Linea Micra auto standby stopped working

Thanks for the help. Plug came loose that is connected under machine. Rookie mistake. Thanks again
by Milligan
15 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 4
Views: 102

Underdeveloped coffee

More time in Maillard isn't typically the answer. First off some coffees aren't good candidates for light roast. They may need more development to get rid of the underdeveloped notes. Second, a good light roast procedure typically involves trying to group the cracks very closely together so that the majority of the beans crack at roughly the same tight window
by sfainbraun
25 minutes ago
Replies: 21
Views: 932

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

I have a stand that just happens to get the indicator right to the screws. For the bottom carrier, the I sat the holder for the indicator on flat on the lip of the top of the grinder and spun the burr holder
by DaveC
53 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 50
Views: 3216

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

that's on the actual front panel of the machine, that isn't user replaceable... it looks tiny though, might even be a powder coat defect, or the opening or closing of the panel, which must be pushed while holding the toggle down, never snapped shut. Is there a corresponding witness mark on the opening panel inside? I do really
by homehbahrishsta
1 hour ago
Replies: 34
Views: 3469

DF83v vs DF64v (I have both)

Hey, it's been a few month, did you end up returning it or seasoning some more? Did the issue go away/get solved? I'm on the lookout for a new flat burr and both of these grinders are within my price range but I'm a bit put off by posts like this, wanted to see if the issue persists. Thanks!
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 50
Views: 3216

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

Looking at the left side, I see some small damage to the finish where a side impact from the panel would hit it. I couldn't have caused that, so I don't know what to think. I will, as you suggested, send all of these pictures to ACS (through Maria?) and see what they say. {image} Matt
by Cranked
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 7
Views: 141

Hopper fed grinder

Thanks all. WLL has Ceado e6p on sale. Does anyone have specific knowledge of this grinder versus the others mentioned? 64mm platform is tempting (also super jolly). Thanks