Recent posts

by zazenmaster
4 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Rancilio Silvia - Green bits in the steam wand

Hello all; My Rancilio Silvia V1 wasn't steaming very well, so I took off the steam nozzle to clean it and found two small (head of a pin sized or a bit bigger) pieces of light green material inside. Under magnification It looks smooth and uniform so I'm guessing it's man-made and not some exotic form of scale
by Indica
22 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1971
Views: 330398

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Now this is the kind of content that is truly inspirational. Dave, I've sent an email
Advertisement
by yakster
24 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 19
Views: 398

Any alternative to Behmor?

True, but the alternatives that can roast a full pound have so much better control over the roast with telemetry that it ends up being a worthwhile upgrade for most
by another_jim
26 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 52
Views: 3027

Mazzer Philos Comments

The video in the last entry shows how the grind adjustment works. There is a lock at the zero marking (as well as the 145 marking), so it is impossible to make more than one turn on the adjustment wheel. I removed the collar to check for the chirp, and it was approximately at -3. After I changed
by robotuser
29 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 31
Views: 2400

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

Do DF64v's have this problem?
by Jake_G
29 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 81

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Are you sure about that? Looking closely at the plumbing, it looks to me like you have a line pressure inlet fitting at the front of the drip tray surround that feeds a manifold that wraps around the back side of the frame to feed the groups and the valve with a lever on it. Given the other valve
by rmongiovi
38 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 53
Views: 2974

Fellow Aiden anyone?

And the same could be said of a pourover cone for a lot less money
by GFride
47 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 11
Views: 510

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

No I haven't tried
by Cgr86
1 hour ago

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I'd have to think the main advantage is the brewing temps for certain roasts give it the slight edge over a steady temp with the moccamaster if going off of my experience with an espresso machine but I'm not a next level coffee guy so who knows
by Cgr86
1 hour ago

Fellow Aiden anyone?

Don't take this the wrong way but that's saying a lot without saying anything at all