Recent Posts

by IamOiman, 12 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 168 Views: 8836

Unboxing the Bosco Sorrento

I lasted much longer this time with the Loxeal-4! I just about passed 11 months before I recently noticed a slack in the shot and a squeak here and there. It was a little difficult to pop out the upper group but twisting the upper group assembly while pulling upwards helps a lot (do it in a cw direction so...
by pcdawson, 17 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 355

Replacing pressurestat on Olympia Cremina SL

Thanks - those are interesting observations. I was wondering if the deadband and occasional over runs were because the SL is set to a higher pressure. However, it seems as though it's just something that is characteristic of the Mater.
by sidcam, 18 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 43

Anyone recognizes this espresso machine?

Sorry, my laptop was slow to load your images. Since you're in Canada, I'd guess a Canadian foodservice company like Alfa International and/or Alfa Foodservices saw the 1990's sales explosion of smaller one group espresso machines to restaurants that weren't coffee shops and simply imported someone else's machine rebranded to their own badge. I'd start by seeing if someone at...
by Hadrael, 32 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I believe it's VFA Elite, from Spain.
by sidcam, 35 minutes ago in Buying Advice

There's a commercial espresso machine restoration group on Facebook with a lot of "old timer" repair guys and guys who do nothing but restore 20+ year old machines from all over the globe. If you don't get an answer here, I'd join that group and ask there because identifying obscure machines is a common topic. Post a picture if you...
by sidcam, 44 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 28 Views: 1677

Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

Based on my life experiences, the complexity of making the new part is irrelevant. What matters is if the machine sold enough units, or for that matter is still being manufactured, to justify the expense of designing and manufacturing the new part. A decade of strong sales and I have no doubt you'll still be able to get the most...
by bwren, 51 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 82

Quick Mill QM67 intermittent steam boiler overheating

hmm... My QM67 EVO (2015) has a dual SSR - they've prob switched to 2 separate ones. Yes I agree that the oscillating temp display is a huge annoyance, as is the inability to disable the shot timer, which blocks the temp. On a totally side note, I'm thinking of adding a flow control device from coffee-sensor to my QM67....
by AJ2022, 52 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Hi, I saw this espresso machine on sale on Facebook market today, but I can't find any info online for "Alfa Magestic". Does anyone know what make/model is this machine and how much it is worth as a used machine? The ad only says: [{image} {image} {image} Thanks
by cafeIKE, Today, 5:57 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 82

Quick Mill QM67 intermittent steam boiler overheating

Thanks for the clarification. It's possible the SSR has a hold on failure. Another possibility is the drive for the SSR & indicator lamp is slowly ramping down out of the PID. The indicator lamp may go out at higher voltage than before the SSR stops conducting. When you get the cover off, determine which SSR is the steam boiler....
by bwren, Today, 5:49 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 82

Cleaning lubricant from inside of La Pavoni Europiccola boiler

Remove the grouphead from the boiler (2 bolts), remove the boiler cap, and attach the grouphead back in upside down (water pipe sticking through top) Remove the shower screen and gasket, but leave the piston and handle in. Make a solution of boiling water with Cafiza. Pour this in the grouphead while working the piston up and down and fill...