Recent posts

by LObin
1 minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 22

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

Pretty sure that all seals on the Flair58 are made out of silicone
by Nunas
8 minutes ago

It depends on the composition of the seals. Although Haynes Lubri-Film Plus can't be used on natural rubber, it can be used to seal and lube metal, synthetic rubber and plastic parts. These days, Nitrile, Neoprene, Ethylene Propylene, Silicone, Fluorocarbon, and PTFE (IE Teflon) are used for most O-rings and seals in preference to natural rubber. I've used it on
Advertisement
by JohnB.
39 minutes ago

Lubri Film Plus is a petroleum based lube and shouldn't be used on rubber parts
by LObin
42 minutes ago

Use it before on piston seals for the same reason. Although it worked, I wouldn't necessarily use it again for that application. Dow 111 and Loxeal #4 are undoubtedly superior. However, for your Flair58 plunger seal, I believe it'll do just fine
by HB
53 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 20
Views: 199

Izzo Alex Duetto 3 - deep need of expert help

I merged your 4 other threads on your repair efforts into this one. It's easier to help you if your questions are in one place
by boren
1 hour ago

I usually use Molykote 111 but only have Lubri-Film Plus at hand at the moment. It's specified maximum temperate is 210F/98C. Will it work to lubricate the plunger gasket of a Flair espresso machine?
by Rasmussoe
1 hour ago
Replies: 20
Views: 199

Izzo Alex Duetto 3 - deep need of expert help

Hello forum, So i've been posting here the last couple of days, because i wanted to repair og service my Izzo Alex Duetto 3, which i love alot. Now it started with steam coming out of safety valve. So i bought a new and switched it. At the same time i changed the fill probe, cause it was
by DaveC
1 hour ago
Views: 72

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

In fairness, unless the brew boiler is drained, then nothing should have happened really, so the no water connection "might" be a coincidence. the steam boiler elements won't even come on if empty (unless someone has modded someting)
by mgrayson
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 19
Views: 745

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I had an interesting experience. I was using a spirograph WDT device, but not on a perfectly level surface. Well, the grounds were not level to the basket. Even though I tamped with a leveling tamper, the shots were still noticeably one-sided. Moral of the story: grounds distribution >> tamping
by patrickff
2 hours ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 19
Views: 745

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

Same The beautiful tamper I bought on Etsy sits on my accessories shelf just for decoration. The PV has a small diameter