Recent posts

by godlyone
less than a minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 221

Rio Lisa Junior

Nice job - pid install looks good but agree that it may not like the heat up there I did a restore on a very similar machine: "Astoria SAE Junior (CMA/Laurentis/RIO) Refurbish Log" The pid is not very useful for this machine since it's a heat exchanger You need to flush the group head before pulling a
by howard seth
2 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 21
Views: 660

Highest chance of success - roasters

I've been roasting at home for 20 years - different roasters - not the really expensive ones - though my current original model Behmor is not really cheap, like a modified popcorn roaster would be. They have a few of those poppers at Sweet Maria's - I may give one a try someday. I roast by ear - listening
Advertisement
by DerSchoeneBahnhof
7 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 36
Views: 1020

Latte Art Diagnosis

Interesting, so the push is to make more room for the ripples to come? I always get hearts that are too thick probably because lack of push
by lemmycaution217
11 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 19

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

Thank you for the reply and the info. It is very helpful! Took a look at the manual and I see now that the relief valve is set to 12bar. I see what you mean that the pressure gauge may not be super useful most of the time. I'm thinking it would be most useful if I installed
by Jeff
23 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 32
Views: 751

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

I make my concentrates with baking soda and Epsom salt in RO/DI water. I mix into one-liter bottles and then pour out what I need when I make my one-liter batches of mixed water. My notes say 1.68 g/kg -- Sodium bicarbonate -- NaHCO₃ 2.46 g/kg -- Epsom salts -- MgSO₄*7H₂O Weighing out to 10 mg is
by poison
56 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 25

Stupid question:will an e61 PF work in a gaggia classic?

Thank you!
by naylorjeff
57 minutes ago
Views: 38

Breville Barista Express Impress Burr

Thank you so much! Unfortunately that piece is missing too, but the Breville website DOES have an outer burr replacement...without the groove!
by sar5w
1 hour ago
Replies: 9
Views: 221

Rio Lisa Junior

If you have the machine running 24/7 you might run into issues with the electronics in the PID controller getting sad above the group head. I've had a couple iterations on install locations . . . once below the drip tray (that became problematic with moisture), once in the face like you have where I had to install a
by baldheadracing
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 19

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

The current factory spec as per the parts manual is 12 bar. Note that - and I realize that this is semantics because the physical valve is the same - the valve on the Strega is an suppression/expansion valve, not an over-pressure valve. The difference is in purpose - the valve in the Strega is located to protect the
by mkane
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 21
Views: 660

Highest chance of success - roasters

Theres a few tips out there which helped our roasting experience. Don't micro manage the roast. Good beans know what to do. Give em' enough heat and your on your way. Every roasting machine has a sweet spot. Find it and don't make it do what it doesn't want to. Use your eyes, ears and nose to