Recent Posts

by Jeff, less than a minute ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 55

1Zpresso JX Pro vs Eureka Mignon

I recently got a new-to-me JX-Pro and found it relatively easy to grind 14 g of Italian espresso blend. 17 g of Tim Wendelboe, light-roast wasn't pleasant, with it "jamming" on the much harder beans. The cup it produced from those light-roast beans was surprisingly good. It was different than my Niche Zero, but very enjoyable with no notable "defects",...
by Grim Tuesday, 12 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I should probably add that speed is not such a big deal for me since I mostly drink filter coffee during the week, and my machine takes at least fifteen minutes to heat up anyways, so speed is usually not of the essence. At this point in my life I almost always pull two shots, one for me and one...
by Urupackers, 16 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I have a 1Zpresso Jx Pro that I use with my Flair Pro 2 espresso machine and is a fantastic grinder for espresso, I grind 16/18 grs. of medium roasted beans in 30/40 seconds, and the tight adjustment, 12.5 microns allow me to find the sweet spot for my beans, well constructed in aluminium body and 48 mm steel burrs,...
by 510kut, 53 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 843 Views: 86025

Decent Espresso news

lol surprisingly it is kind of interesting to me... instead of building an end device out of components I have to deal with putting together a lot of end devices to make a system. And inventory management has been a pain to say the least. I've been meaning to look around at some cost effective way to build out materials...
by decent_espresso, Today, 12:49 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

{image} Emmy's Decent Cartoon Emirates-based cartoonist Emmy owns one of our Decent Espresso Machines. She's a coffee fan {link} and we're big fans of her cartoon series, which you can find at {link} In her cartoons, she explores Arab life from a woman's perspective: romance, relationships, children, pregnancy, couple's dynamics (in good times and bad). Besides being just plain fun,...
by decent_espresso, Today, 12:41 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

Short answer: we won't have quantities shown for any models before v1.43. The website will say "in stock" for all pre-v1.43 models, but no number. I personally find deep accounting questions super interesting, because for me, accounting is like physics: a math/numerical simplification of reality, which makes insights possible. If that viewpoint sounds interesting to you, I highly recommend this...
by chipman, Today, 12:34 am in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 33

Does milk dampen caffeine absorption?

five oz of drip coffee has more caffeine than your espresso shots. Has nothing to do with milk.
by BaristaMcBob, Today, 12:26 am in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 33

Does milk dampen caffeine absorption?

Lots of scholarly articles on the web say no. But that's not my experience. I can drink two double lattes (35g) and still get to sleep, but 5 ounces of black coffee (7g) gives me the jitters. What do others think?
by _Ryan_, Today, 12:11 am in Buying Advice

Own a J-max, model up from the JX Pro with an evolution of that same burr-set. (Also own a Mazzer Mini Electronic, an on-demand hopper 64mm flat burr grinder) Brother in-law has a Mignon. I'd take a MIgnon from a workflow perspective before even comparing grinds (which we haven't done side by side). I wouldn't want to hand crank multiple...
by serupklekker, Today, 12:03 am in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 22

[FS] Compak E8 EOD Grinder (Vancouver, Canada)

Hello all, Selling my Compak E8 EOD Grinder as I'm replacing with a smaller Lagom P64 for my apartment. I've had this grinder since 2017 and am the only owner. It's been used almost entirely for single dose espresso. Roughly 4 shots a day for 4 years (give or take). I have the large hopper only, not the small/single dose...