Recent Posts

by ZX2BY2U, 25 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 357

Eureka Mignon Specialita single dose blow up hopper with incline stand

Nice work!
by Jetpac, 29 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 30 Views: 535

1980 La Pavoni Europiccola - Where to start?

That was great thanks.. it was the work of about 2 seconds to shift it with a wrench! Gave the steam valve a forceful twist too, so i think its all i line now!.. Have some 3d printing needles on the way so just need to print the tool now!
by BodieZoffa, 35 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 52 Views: 5116

Yes, a Monolith is worth it

Spot on with your assessment as I have what I consider to be the ultimate/compact hand grinder and it gets heavily used. Have a good electric as well, but it has been on standby for quite some time. One of the best attributes of hand grinding is being able to feel/smell the level of development I achieve when roasting. Just...
by MiamiVice, 44 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 18

[WTB] Kafatek Monolith Max or Weber EG-1

Hey folks, I'm looking for a pre-owned Monolith Max or Weber EG-1. If you have one available please message me. Thanks
by Bmccall, Today, 4:59 pm in Grinders
Replies: 84 Views: 8352

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

A few months ago we had a Max, Flat SSP and 807 lab sweet on our counter. Although I don't have the LM burrs in my flat, I would have used the same descriptors as you did to explain the espresso it produced (silky, oily, smooth taste, rich body, espresso is creamy ). That said, we thought the 807 lab...
by Espressoman007, Today, 4:21 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 66 Views: 1692

Gene Cafe to Ikawa Home Roaster

Sure, but I also left links for those who might haven't seen them and could be helpful using Pro version. Unfortunately, we, who have Home version are not nearly that lucky with that variety of profiles which are made by professionals for Pro version. I wonder if Ikawa will manufacture Home 100g version? Cheers!
by jtbenson, Today, 4:21 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 65 Views: 5821

Green Coffee Exchange

in
by Espressoman007, Today, 4:13 pm in Grinders
Replies: 52 Views: 5116

Yes, a Monolith is worth it

Monolith (declared as an espresso grinder) brought that fine taste that was missing in other grinders that promised the same and that I owned and bought on recommendation - "it's a bang for the money, you won't notice the difference, trust me, I owned a lot of expensive grinders ..." It wasn't like that at all! If the title is...
by Rickpatbrown, Today, 4:08 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 65 Views: 5821

Green Coffee Exchange

Anyone up for splitting a Crown Jewel Gesha? {link} Ideally I'd like to end up with 5-10lbs of the bag, so 4-5 takes at 5lbs would be great. Let me know if you're interested. You'll pay cost plus shipping. -Rick
by Rickpatbrown, Today, 4:06 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2007 Views: 141789

Greens Alert

Royal just released an inexpensive Gesha. {link} Curious, since Crown Jewels have generally impressed me. I have not been impressed with most Geshas considering their prices (or dont know how to roast them). This looks like a pretty low risk venture, if people want to split. Look in the coffee exchange if you are interested.