Recent posts

by francesco_ITA
4 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 25
Views: 880

Dull, flat flavour with V60 and 1Zpresso SP6

Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out. Now it is a matter of fine-tuning with the same beans to make more experience. Does it go like with espresso that if the cup tastes slightly bitter (yet not papery), the grind settings must be finer? Are there any other variables to take into account? As always I would stick to the
by erik82
11 minutes ago
Replies: 25
Views: 880

Dull, flat flavour with V60 and 1Zpresso SP6

Great to hear that it was the beans as that was my first thought (and reply). Now you see that beans do make such a large difference
Advertisement
by erik82
13 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 20
Views: 724

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

I've been using the Ultra for espresso for over 4 years having ground 90kg through them and they work perfect for espresso. Yes you're near touching which is completely normal for such a unimodal burr
by erik82
15 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 3
Views: 77

Reliable German shop online...

Stoll espresso is great
by erik82
17 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 388

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

You do know that shimming and using the marker test is no guarantee that it's aligned. Or did you test all of the runouts? There are multiple people here that bought a DF64 series grinder that had a good marker test after shimming but where horribly misaligned. Your story sounds like a alignment issue. Yes new burrs need seasoning
by JordanK
49 minutes ago
Replies: 27
Views: 847

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Perfect! And that way you don't have to worry about any brown stains either because you won't know if it's from the coffee or if you had a little accident. Ignorance is bliss. I love how this thread just went from deep paranoia about contracting disease to drinking from shit-stained undies...
by baldheadracing
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 1
Views: 59

Moccamaster user

The flow rate of the brewing water and the hot plate heating (if your model has a hot plate) are different between the half and full pot settings. You only load the reservoir with enough water for a half pot or a full pot. You then choose either the half or full pot setting to start brewing. You do
by spicyfood31
Yesterday, 11:35 pm
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 42

[WTB] Niche Zero

Looking for a Niche Zero in excellent condition. I am located between Austin and San Antonio, Texas. I will also be in Bentonville, Arkansas for most of May. Would prefer local pickup but for the right deal I would be open to shipping. Let me know if you have one! Thanks all
by maccompatible
Yesterday, 11:21 pm
Replies: 27
Views: 847

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Why not just cut out the middle man and use your underwear as a coffee filter? Then you don't have to worry about packing filters! Win win
by mlunsford27
Yesterday, 11:17 pm
Replies: 30
Views: 2365

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

I have also found through discussions here as well as on the decent forum that my grinder as well as many other DF grinders (and potentially other types of grinders) shift in grind settings a bit as the grinder warms up. This can be managed by warming up the grinder a bit before grinding the first dose. Or you can