Recent Posts

by beanEFIL, 12 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 50

Colombia Esperanza Wush Wush can't dial-in HELP!

I am replying to my own post! hahaha I don't know how to delete it! hahaha UPDATE: I AM MAKING PROGRESS!!! I think I must have gotten good luck by posting! I'M ALMOST DIALED IN!!! Got the BIG FRUITS I know are there! I suspect channeling... which is likely a result of my BAD PUCK SKILLS... Forgive me... I'm new...
by Peter Venkman, 20 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Need you help. "scientific" recipes

Hello all. I'm planing on playing a bit more with my shots now that i have a machine with more controls. I had a Rocket appartemanto that i recently changed for Ascaso Duo PID. I guess i was the kind of guy that would try to find the spot for a 1:2 extraction in 28 seconds and call it a...
by Rcus, 21 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 5 Views: 498

KINGrinder manual grinders. The new king of value?

Several public information say that the manufacturer/company behind 1z and kingrinder is the same. You can also easily find the "comparison" between 1z and corresponding kingrinder grinders. I chose another brand grinders personally. The retail price of K6 is rmb/CNY 580 and the retail price of k4 is rmb/CNY 560. The official slogan of the kingrinder are "to support the...
by boren, 39 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 19 Views: 372

Single-boiler E61+PID espresso machine: A rude awakening about temperature stability

If it's only a couple of degrees I might consider keeping the machine, but if it's closer to the huge fluctuations in my original test then it's time to move on (probably to a Lelit Elizabeth). I'll perform the test I described above, in comment #12, and will decide based on the results.
by Giampiero, 45 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 169 Views: 41289

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

I agree
by John49, Today, 7:06 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 284

Lever accidents

The title should read [I]Spring lever accidents
by malling, Today, 7:03 am in Grinders
Replies: 169 Views: 41289

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

So plants, microwave On a more serious note, I'm not sold, it still seem like a half baked product and then they added a metal base to hold the dosing cup more firmly and put it closer to the spout. It seems just like something you come up with when the design doesn't work entirely as intended and instead of...
by gilbert, Today, 6:38 am in Grinders
Replies: 1124 Views: 103792

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Likewise - tempted to go from my DF64 to Niche as the workflow and build quality of the DF64 is annoying me. Particularly the retention when going from filter to espresso and back.. minor things, but keen to try the niche I'm using SSP brew burrs V1, so no shortage of clarity, haven't even tried the DF64 stock burrs so...
by Cristiano, Today, 5:51 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 25

Help Plumb in La Marzocco GS3

Hi, I'm really in need of your help. I'm setting up a hydraulic link system on my GS3/AV. As per La Marzocco's guidance the inlet pressure should be 45 psi. I intend to install a pressure regulator as the last step for water to reach the machine. I purchased a pressurizer, accumulator tank, pre-filter (Everpure) and an Everpure BH2 filter....
by BodieZoffa, Today, 4:37 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 53

Rancilio Silvia spitting out some black specks

Likely just needs a bit of backflushing with detergent to really clean things out. Doesn't take much buildup to clog areas and can cause the 3-way solenoid to hang open and divert excess to the drip tray. You would be surprised to see how much buildup can occur around the dispersion disc/block (group) even with regular flushing. I do a...