Recent posts

by mwb5007
1 minute ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 31
Views: 913

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Back to the OPs question I think a Weber Workshops BIRD brewer, thermo-pen and Comandante grinder is the best and most efficient way to go. The brew method does NOT require a gooseneck kettle to get the best results and, assuming you are Ok with boiling temps killing the pathogens in your water, you can use the thermo-pen to
by SutterMill
4 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 1
Views: 52

What are they doing here?

I know this. You soak beans before cooking to remove some of the oligosaccharides so they're easier to digest....wait...wrong forum Now you have me curious as to what they are doing. The more I learn about roasting, the less I seem to know
Advertisement
by Jeff
6 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 8

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

A PID on an HX machine doesn't remove the requirement for managing the brew temperature yourself. See, for example, "HX Love - Managing the Brew Temperature" Regrettably, both the manometer and the temperature gauge go in the same hole. You'll have to choose between good temperature management and using the flow kit. The only widely available exception to this
by chriscoffee
9 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 0
Views: 3

Fiorenzato All Ground Sense is back!

We flew in a pallet of grinders, to fill some pre-orders and keep up with demand of this popular grinder! Grab yours now before we sell out again! {link}
by RobAnybody
33 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 97

La Peppina drip tray needed

You could contact the people at coffee-sensor {link} if they could consider making one. Since these drip tray grids often go missing there might be a market for them
by LineaMurphy
34 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 19

PSA: Eureka Atom W 65/75 now showing pre-order on Voltage Coffee

I know a few folks have talked about waiting on this grinder or comparing to other similar GBW offerings recently released
by Mr Faineant
36 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 8

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

Hello, I've just received my shiny new VBM Domobar Jr Hx Digital. Lovely machine, visually. Pulled a few shots to get it basically dialed in, so far so good. I wonder, though, how to think about the brew temperature setting. Is this calibrated to the boiler or the group, does anyone know? Is if I set it to
by Prati
40 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 29
Views: 261

La Marzocco GS/3 no pressure brew boiler

So! I have adjusted a little bit and now I have 12 bars max and then it fluctuates when warming/stops warming. Maybe this is just normal and how it works from a physics perspective I guess it makes sense
by oiselet
43 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 15

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

Hey! Thanks for jumping in. That's the bizarre thing - even when I put the old valves and cam back in, it's still stuck. I do realize that I did not do a good job of managing which were the original springs and which were the replacements, but those are the same length, so I don't think it's that
by Jeff
51 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 15

Cam/lever frozen in place post-servicing

Did you replace the valves? If so, did you confirm that the replacements were the same length?