Recent Posts

by malling, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 362 Views: 27046

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Yes I do think the Cast has more of that cast body and sweetness to it. I think Cast are the only burrs that can give you both body and clarity, normally with machined it's been either body or clarity, the moment you get body you tend to also have more blending and muting of flavours that can give a
by Pflunz, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 434 Views: 60087

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

As far as I can tell, the Elizabeth has only one probe for water level in the steam boiler. Additionally, after reaching the "probe level", the Elizabeth stops quite fast with pumping. This means, that the level is nearly always the same. When it is a bit too low, it pumps, then it stops. This also leads to the circumstance
by DaumierS, 24 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 111

Replacing La Marzocco GS3 vacuum breaker

Yes, there are three vacuum breakers. The one on the left (old), the one on the right (newest). But I was sold the third one: {link} This thirds one LM identifies as a Linear Mini breaker. The dealer I purchased it from (not LM USA) listed it as a GS3 part. And indeed, it does not fit GS3.
by Primacog, 30 minutes ago in Grinders

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Thanks mailing for sharing your first hand experience.with both burr sets. Am I right that you did find however that the ssp cast lab sweet burrs did nevertheless have that characteristics cast steel ditting sweetness to a more marked degree than any other burr set you have tried other than the original ditting cast 80mm steel burrs?
by malling, 40 minutes ago in Grinders

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

The Ditting has more perceived sweetness, more body but also less clarity
by Primacog, 52 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 70

La Marzocco GS3MP or Slayer vs any e61 double boiler PID machine with a Flow Control Device installed

Thanks ira for your reply and view. That is indeed the direction that seems most fiscally wise for me for now to pursue and if it turns out that I find the whole pressure or flow profiling to be more trouble than I am prepared to undergo to make my coffee, then I am only out of pocket typically a
by ira, Today, 3:10 am in Buying Advice

La Marzocco GS3MP or Slayer vs any e61 double boiler PID machine with a Flow Control Device installed

In your shoes I'd suggest buying the piece for the machine you have and seeing if that's a direction you want to go. I would guess the main advantage past that of moving up would be better temperature stability and more steam. I really can't think of anything else those 2 machines might bring to the table. Not that I
by GDM528, Today, 2:58 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1 Views: 64

Latte art pull through

You're not alone. I've yet to gain any command over the process, but like many things we attempt, I bet you figured it out a while ago, save just one or two missteps. This was someone else's journey: "Latte Art Beginner- Unable to find right advice" If you post pictures, you may inspire others to try
by Primacog, Today, 2:29 am in Grinders

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Given the user experience of many here who have tried and use the SSP Lan Sweet cast 64mm burrs, I would like to ask how do they stack up in respect of Espresso against the original Ditting Lab Sweet cast 80mm burrs that they were copied from? Of course I expect the original 80mm cast burrs to produce
by Primacog, Today, 2:17 am in Buying Advice

Thanks for your feedback, erik82. If mechanically there isn't any conceptual difference in the way they work, do you think that confirmation bias may have also skewed the subjective taste impressions to some degree? I ask because i used to dabble in hifi and audiophile listening as a hobby and I have learned the fiscally painful way how influential