Recent posts

by Jake_G
29 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 631

La Marzocco Linea Micra auto standby stopped working

Hey Alex, Welcome to HB! Have you verified there is still power on the outlet? If it's plugged into a GFCI/RCD, it is possible the outlet tripped and it simply needs to be reset. Do you have any indicators on the machine at all? Standby should be a slow blinking red light. If the outlet is good and the
by Steffche
31 minutes ago
Replies: 1395
Views: 192479

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Ok, so upon further investigation, I decided to bypass the HX by using the tube that goes from the water tap to the outlet spigot (as it was the longest tube) to connect the pump/opv outlet directly to the brew boiler. Gurgling and bubbles completely gone. Immediate water flows through the group head as soon as I press either
Advertisement
by Jake_G
33 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11
Views: 191

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Yes. This is all true for the steam boiler. In the case of the heat exchanger in the steam boiler, there is no steam within. Since the heat exchanger circuit is totally flooded with water, as soon as the water begins expanding, the pressure skyrockets. The steam boiler pressure corresponds to a specific temperature that the heat exchanger
by Jake_G
39 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 30
Views: 1336

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

I'm not sure I follow your question. The Gagguino project is an open-source PID controller with oodles of extras, using the Arduino framework. Feed-forward control of the heating element, pressure control via phase modulation of the vibe pump, fancy displays and controls, etc... also, Gaggia classics or coffees or whatevers don't have pressurestats. They have thermostats with
by eric needham
41 minutes ago
Replies: 5
Views: 57

Casadio Undici A1 pump not turning on

I sent you PM you can give me a call to help you trouble shoot more sometime if you like. I am not sure have versed you are with electric and multimeter usage, but someone who is could see if you have power to the pump when a brew button is selected. Be careful you check the
by eric needham
49 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 53

Wiring Diagram Desired For Espresso Marzocco Linea 2 EE Circa 1999

Jim, I have some, send me a PM and I can email one to you. Eric
by eric needham
58 minutes ago
Replies: 6
Views: 96

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

Also insure the power you are using is correct as far as 220 and if using a ground and neutral. I had someone hook up a 220 machine one time to 440 that will make smoke. Best wishes, take pictures when you find something
by Jake_G
59 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 43

La Marzocco GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

You've got it right. The preheat element is a heat exchanger tube. It's worth ordering an additional gasket and soaking the element in citric acid if it has a thick layer of scale on the steam side (or inside), but generally there will be no benefit to replacing it if it isn't somehow broken. I can check tomorrow to verify
by eric needham
1 hour ago
Replies: 6
Views: 96

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

You should always have water connected prior to turning a machine on. Was the power connected properly? There is installation and user manuals available on the La marzocco website. You can go on La marzocco USA site. That being said did you unplug it and investigate where the smoke came from? If smoke actually came out I doubt
by jaybird
1 hour ago
Replies: 277
Views: 20993

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

Hi Joola, Where did you get the coffee bar?