Recent posts

by JayBeck
6 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 58
Views: 2051

Meaningful upgrade from Lelit Bianca V3

What is your definition of contemporary espresso? I pull Manhattan filter roasts perfectly with Micra/Key. Easy peasy. Preinfusion beyond stock is not required not spro-over allonge nonsense
by ari-gato
25 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 7
Views: 78

Breville Dual Boiler

Awesome thanks
Advertisement
by jpender
30 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 31
Views: 368

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Thanks for that. FWIW, the Moka Express 3-cup is 2.1cm deep and 5.5cm diameter. To first approximation puck resistance goes up linearly with bed depth. And the higher the resistance the higher the water temperature must be to overcome that resistance, for a given flow rate
by ei8htohms
33 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 10
Views: 280

Espresso tourism in and around Beverly Hills

Next stop: Be Bright Coffee (on Melrose) This place is downright cheery. The service was exceedingly friendly and the espresso was delicious. The space is brightly lit and decorated and they even have a little play area for small children. Will perk you right up. {image} {image} {image} {link} They also
by AM91
41 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 5988

Troubleshooting Steam Wand - Breville Bambino Plus

Hi mate Did you have any luck fixing this issue? I'm in Australia as well and have an identical issue. Breville's service and support is really poor here in Victoria and I've previously sent this machine in for warranty about 10 months ago for a different issue. It took 10 weeks to fix the problem that time (a faulty
by RobertL
54 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 0
Views: 20

Decaf Typica wins 2024 US Brewers Cup

Interesting story I stumbled across and thought I would share here. {link}
by tinpanalley
1 hour ago

3.75cm depth, 8cm diameter, and the funnel stem is 6.5 (1.5cm inside the hidden funnel portion)
by Cgr86
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 510
Views: 55116

The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans

Funny you mention Malabar was boring. I feel the same way after a week with it. It's just , meh
by jpender
1 hour ago

I don't believe that hydrostatic pressure is significant in a moka pot. For pure water the head pressure increases at a rate of about 0.001 bar per centimeter. A 3-cup pot has internal plumbing about 15cm tall, something like that anyway. The head pressure would be around 0.015bar (0.2psi), give or take. A 12-cup pot is about twice as tall
by buckersss
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 63

Puck Screens Too Small for Straight-Wall Basket?

One can order a custom sized puck screen on Etsy for $30