Recent posts

by Dago52
3 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1656
Views: 166551

La Marzocco Linea Micra

Love the yellow & congrats!! We also debated between the yellow & red & ended up with the red. Enjoy
by bnjmn
10 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6
Views: 71

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Just finished it this AM, thanks for the HT! So I guess I'm on the right track
Advertisement
by CaptainCoffeeBuzz
19 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 31
Views: 1023

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

One other random question: Can it be paused or stalled during the brew process to stir or agitate the coffee in the basket? I know there's a habit for some in Pour over communities to do a spin between pours or during the last drawdown and wondered if that was possible (despite obviously how hot it probably is during
by bznelson91
21 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 39
Views: 2328

Mazzer Philos Comments

Any idea on the 200 burrs with filter coffee? I've been considering a burr swap for my Fellow Ode Gen 2 since I have my Lagom P64 as my primary now. It does have an auger and vertical mounting, but obviously can't (or shouldn't) be used for espresso. Brad
by frankz42
46 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1656
Views: 166551

La Marzocco Linea Micra

We debated the yellow. But red won out
by Jonk
52 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 101

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

I have both. It really depends on what basket you're using with the Flair. Their 'low flow' basket use a similar grind to the Robot (if you use the same dose). For straight-walled baskets you'll usually need a tighter grind with the Flair - but if you want you can just lower the dose for the Robot instead of
by bnjmn
52 minutes ago

Ah, so it's supposed to be soggy? This makes sense as I don't know what else I could do! Also changed my output to 16g, thanks for weighing in
by bnjmn
54 minutes ago

Copy that. I am having fun! I adjusted my weight to 16g this morning based on your encouragement. Took about 5-7s for the first drops then a nice stream by 15s if I remember and done by 25s. Tasted great but I'll watch the stream closer. I was focused on the fact someone in my family took the last of
by ilVecchio
55 minutes ago
Replies: 15
Views: 396

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Good morning! After another almost perfect pull with my Cremina, I felt the need to muse about your problems. First, you're in Washington State? Could you locate someone who owns a Cremina for a demonstration of proper technique. When I started I was tutored by a couple of HBers in the Chicago are to get that special touch for
by truemagellen
1 hour ago
Replies: 3
Views: 101

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

They are going to be very similar but it is easier to pull a higher pressure shot on the flare so if you are typically doing higher like over 9 bar shots they may run slightly different as I would typically run my robot shots 7 or 8 bar well on the f-58 more often I would do 9bar