Recent posts

by bdbnewbie
7 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9
Views: 87

Breville Dual Boiler 920 little flow through group head

I've cleaned the shower screen and the gasket to make sure those are clean and they are clean and don't have any blockages. The shower head assembly link is very useful! I am getting a new screw driver which will (hopefully) fit under the group head to take it out for assessment
by Theosoler
16 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 21
Views: 276

Troubleshooting la Peppina double basket fit

Oh man that shot looks beautiful ... So I just finished changing the gaskets, and I'm afraid I made one or two mistakes Namely, if I don't pull on the lever hard and fast no water comes into the piston, and I can see water coming back to the boiler I know I screwed quite tight; do
Advertisement
by odor4fun
18 minutes ago

Did you remove the shower screen and clean it? You can unscrew the assembly that goes to the group and clean it by immersing it in a cleaning solution. In the link below you can see how it looks {link}
by lassepavoni
19 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8
Views: 251

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

That won't be possible, as I have deliberately chosen to get by without a freezer. In fact I have converted a chest freezer into a chest fridge, since that is running much more energy efficient than a regular fridge
by Espressmyself
23 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 24
Views: 292

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Coincidentally just happened to use my Moka pot today before reading this post. Have the 4-cup model and normally need 13.3g of coffee to fill up the basket. Today, only had 10g remaining of a light roast Colombian red bourbon so figured I'd brew it on the MP using Hoffman's technique with the paper filter. Poured in 160g water, and
by Pressino
25 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 115

ECM Synchronika will be 4 years old this fall. Any maintanence I should be doing?

One thing I'd recommend is purchasing a spare vacuum breaker valve, as these typically wear and begin to leak after a couple of years. Probably not a bad idea to obtain an e61 "rebuild kit" (contains seals and springs) for the eventuality that the group will need seals and spring replacement after a few more years. Also check inside the
by Jake_G
26 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 47

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Ok. I had to look up the club. I was envisioning the likes of an Olympia Club, Ponte Vecchio Club or Sama Club. But this is more like a Silvia or a Profitec Pro 300, based on your description and photo. Does this parts breakdown from cafe parts look similar? {image} I assume it is
by HRace
35 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 128
Views: 9823

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Sorry daggerNC (I posted that one on this thread). We've been really enjoying it. However, I can't say I ever had a true blueberry bomb back at the peak of its existence to truly compare. I've been getting better results out of the Moccamaster drip but also enjoying V60 brews but less than the Moccamaster. Every now
by tinpanalley
40 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 24
Views: 292

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

Ok, I see. And as you say my (several) tests are confirming this. But I'm learning a lot along the way. Perhaps I can add some new information. The end result coffee is ideally one that makes the most of my particular coffee of choice, a nutty rich dark roast "Miscela D'Oro". and I don't mind if it makes
by bdbnewbie
43 minutes ago

I was also curious as to the positioning of the solenoid so I went ahead and tested it via the group head water exit; I used a waterpik (probably not advisable) to jet water up through the machine while the solenoid is open to the drip tray (basically anytime while not pulling a shot) and I can see all the