Recent Posts

by BaristaBoy E61, less than a minute ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 25 Views: 615

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

Espresso crafting is also about perceived perception and the joy of the ride. Like a well designed sports car, the espresso machine has to visually thrill even when standing still
by jcswinterpark, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 3

La Marzocco Linea Mini | No Blue Light & No Heat / Pressure

Hello and thanks in advance for any help I just bought a new LM Linea Mini and cannot get the machine to work. Machine arrived yesterday. There was no apparent damage to the box or any of the contents. Situation: - Turn it on and red light flashed with blue light solid; last for about 3-5 minutes
by PeetsFan, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 87

Lucca Atom 75 - should I get it?

Thank you very much. I tried using the hopper with my Sette, and the results were generally better, and use was easier... IF I am making a lot of drinks. But for 2-4 drinks a morning, emptying the hopper after use and purging the grinder is a pain. What I want is a flat burr grinder
by the_max82, 22 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 9

Advise on purchasing Mythos II for home use

I am currently using a ECM Syncronika and a baratza sette 270wi. I make about 3-4 drinks a day. I have tried single dosing and didn't like the work flow. I usually put about 2-3 days worth of beans in the hopper. I'm looking to upgrade to a grinder that can do grind by weight. Thinking of purchasing the Mythos
by Nate42, 25 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 92

Nicoletti Espresso

So unfortunately I can't do a true apples to apples comparison because I have now transitioned to coffee that I removed from the freezer just a couple days ago. But I tried increasing the dose to 18g, making the grind slightly finer, so I get 24g in 35ish seconds. This is smoother, with more chocolate and really deemphasizes the funk
by okmed, 31 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 92

Diedrich IR-12 1997 propane, low gas pressure

{link} Don't forget to factor in the length
by Peppersass, 50 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 122

La Marzocco GS/3 MP steam boiler problem

0.4 ohms is probably the resistance of your meter probes, so for all intents it's zero ohms -- i.e. no problem with the probe connection to the spade lug. Besides, you proved that by draining the boiler. If you disconnected the wires going to the steam boiler heating element, and you get infinity ohms, that could indicate the
by TheBloopJawns, 52 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 1 Views: 474

[FS] SSP HU 64mm Burrs

Price reduced to $195 (shipping included)
by baristainzmking, Today, 8:55 am in Grinders
Replies: 2939 Views: 295782

Niche Zero grinder

Has anyone had their Niche painted a different color/finish?
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, Today, 8:28 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 323

Bag Sellers - who do you like? what models?

Thanks Alan, too many pieces for my little gig for now. All of the block bottom bags now have a higher barrier and the zip pull so that is part of the cost increase for me. I didn't feel like the higher barrier was necessary in my situation since most of my coffee is used