Recent Posts

by boren, 4 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Got this mexican-made lever machine, any thoughts?

Seems to be inspired by the "Ponte Vecchio Lusso".
by BKH, 13 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1133 Views: 104389

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Can anyone point me to some blind taste test comparisons?
by Chert, 15 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 816

Decent DE1XL or DE1XXL? Or Synesso Home?

I briefly or repeatedly frothed milk on lm lĂ­nea, slayer steam, Astoria, conti pro boxes and of course my favorite Pavoni. Steaming on the Decent best all efforts from prior machines, first go. The steaming is easy and fun if not lightning fast with it. And very dry.
by INeedToButLessGear, 16 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 3

Eureka Mignon Crono Espresso burrs vs 50mm flat filtro burrs? Quality difference for drip?

I'm getting ready to purchase a Mignon Crono (I think) and I'm very intrigued by it's ability to do espresso if needed. However some vendors do have them with the newer burrs (flat filtro) and some have the older burrs (espresso burrs). I know the Eureka Mignon brew pro produces less fines then the Crono and I can only chalk...
by Jmalpica, 31 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 14

Got this mexican-made lever machine, any thoughts?

Hello friends, I just got this machine (not arrived yet so the pics are not mine). It is a mexican Nacional Azteca, 1 group spring lever machine. It looks really solid (I have used one before), and the portafilter looks like some kind of E61 type. Well, the main question is, may it be an OEM or made by any...
by prust, 34 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 816

Decent DE1XL or DE1XXL? Or Synesso Home?

Dump the SI and go with the XXL or XL. I had an Elektra T1 for 15 years. Very shiny, 6l of steam power, modified with a thermometer in the flow path. The Decent is light years ahead. It can emulate any type of machine and the feedback you get from the graphs is huge. You see what happened pulling...
by mikelipino, Today, 10:54 pm in Grinders
Replies: 1133 Views: 104389

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I don't doubt the P64 produces a better cup, but do you know why? Is it slop in the bearings? The variable speed motor? The way the burrs are mounted or stabilized? I've seen some P64 disassembly videos and couldn't place how the grind would be different using the same burrs. Just curious I guess
by Jeff, Today, 10:44 pm in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 42

Distilled water shortage

We've had "runs" where the affordable sources of pre-bottled, distilled water (Target, Smart & Final) have been mysteriously out for weeks at a time. We've now got a ZeroWater pitcher as a backup. Our tap water is generally soft, so it isn't crazy expensive if we have to go that route.
by homeburrero, Today, 10:40 pm in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 42

Distilled water shortage

Most bottles labelled "purified with minerals added" will not have much mineral, but are often spiked with calcium chloride, which isn't ideal. Best to check the label for actual contents. If it says purified on the bottle and it's unclear whether minerals were added you can verify it with an inexpensive TDS meter -- it will read a few ppm...
by steelval3, Today, 10:40 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 67

[FS] Lelit Elizabeth Dual Boiler v3 + extras

Selling my Lelit Elizabeth V3! I purchased from Clive Coffee a year ago (December 2020). This machine has been amazing for me (second espresso machine, first had the BDB). I'm selling because I recently purchased a Decent Espresso machine. You will get everything that came with the original machine (including an unused water softening filter cartridge), as well as: -...