Recent posts

by Nico86
8 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 159

Micro sieve basket

Hello, I use to have several micro-sieve baskets, the good thing about them, is that I was able to use a smaller grind, and thus have a a fuller taste in the cup. As far as cleaning it, same as any basket Imho it is very expensive compared to what is gives... Best Nicolas
by bcx
33 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 42
Views: 1168

Latte Art Diagnosis

For this one the camera was actually in my way so I couldn't see my draw through properly {link}
Advertisement
by mgrayson
38 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 62
Views: 2176

ACS waiting times

Congratulations. I had the same conversation with DHL today, but they said "check back on the 25th". Today was the expected (ho ho!) delivery date
by BaristaBoy E61
54 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 9
Views: 354

La Marzocco Swan

I'll wait to hear results of double blind taste testing
by freditoj
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 10
Views: 294

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

So any dual boiler PID should fit the bill. Got it. Thanks!
by millerstone
1 hour ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 33
Views: 1402

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions Nick! Just preordered. Curious if there's a way to purge hot water through the basket to prewarm the system and rinse the filter before brewing? EDIT: It's something I do with my Moccamaster, keeps the coffee in the carafe hotter if it's preheated. Added bonus is rinsing the filter and prewarming the
by ShotClock
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 62
Views: 2176

ACS waiting times

Cleared customs and on it's way, tax was around $75 for reference. Adding to previous recommendations, I'd highly recommend signing up for text updates and calling if things don't seem to be moving along. DHL seem to be relying on active participation from the recipients
by cafeIKE
2 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 31
Views: 284

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

I changed coffees all the time, but not a short intervals. Never less than a pound or so. When I did change coffees, I adjusted the dose / grind / boiler temperature / brew ratio until the shots were great. I also kept notes to easily get back to settings for similar coffees
by Jeff
2 hours ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 12
Views: 410

Extractamundo! Temperature adjustments?

I would make a copy of the profile before making any changes as the ability to "revert to original" still has not been implemented by JB
by another_jim
2 hours ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 9
Views: 354

La Marzocco Swan

It varies dramatically by grinder -- I've opened up the all the single dose grinders I've tested, swept out the loose grinds from burrs, grind chamber and chute, and got from a superlative 0.05 grams to a failing 1.5 grams. But that is for another topic, not here