Reusing water

That's pretty much what I expected to hear. It just seems like a bit of a waste
by pschueller
32 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 24
Views: 518

Travel grinder

Are there any other small, travel friendly electric grinders I should consider? Turin DM 47? Or is the Lagom mini the only real option?
by Nunas
33 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 2
Views: 35

Reusing water

Reboiled water is not the same as once-boiled water, however, the difference is slight. Boiling drives off volatile compounds and dissolved gases. Reboiling may increase this effect, depending on the composition of the water. With most city water, there would not be much difference, but with some well water, boiling improves the taste of the water. Also, the longer
by baldheadracing
46 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 513

New Quick Mill Pop and Quick Mill Pop Up

Quick Mill has a different pricing strategy in North America. A Quick Mill machine that costs $1000USD in Europe (not including VAT) costs $1300USD in North America (not including state and local sales taxes). In the past, European manufacturers could get away with the pricing strategy of "American customers pay (not including sales taxes) about the same as EU
by Jimmy_The_Saint
59 minutes ago
Replies: 11
Views: 369

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I have a love/hate relationship with the LM convex tamper which is my daily driver. They simultaneous managed to make the best convex base with probably the worst handle ever
by woytovich
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 174

La Peppina drip tray needed

Tried Orphan and Coffee_sensor - no luck at either
by JRising
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 101

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

I don't understand what you're saying... I don't see anything that indicates a problem, in what you'e described. I don't think Boiler pressure (about 1.2 Bar) would ever leak into the heat exchanger (3 Bar to 10 Bar), leaks would go from high pressure to low. However, if the check valve was in backward and allowed absolutely zero flow
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 5
Views: 189

La Marzocco Swan

I'm puzzled how burr rotations can predict grind weight unless the number of beans fed into the burr at each rotation remains equal. This would seem to require a highly constant weight of beans in the hopper. It seems a long way away from single dosing territory