Recent Posts

by thecoffeefield, 21 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 44 Views: 2102

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

Eventually people will realize that not because you can control flow and pressure that doesn't mean or equal a "better" shot. I remember when tamping pressure was a big deal and people discussed that to death only for people to realize years later that it doesn't really matter much if you tamp with 35lb pressure or 15lb! I think
by Liverbird_8, 25 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 41 Views: 728

BWT Premium with RO water?

Yeah, it's very strange. What's even more perplexing and frustrating is that my GH and KH values have retured to that of my RO system. They are back to 1°D . I have no idea what is going on
by JRising, 36 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 16 Views: 723

What's been your experience of super autos?

Again, you get what you pay for. Not all Juras are little Jura Ena machines where the grinder is set to intentionally not grind fine enough and brew unit pressure is gimmicked by the spring loads of the check valves before and after the brew chamber. A Jura S9 has only the lightest spring-check after the brew unit
by Jmsamuel, 43 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 12

Plumb in setup with an external water tank advice

Hello ! I have an opportunity to upgrade to an espresso machine that must be plumbed in - no internal tank. At first it was a big no-no because the machine would not fit under my cabinet, and the coffee table is 10 feet away from the kitchen water line / sink. But I started to investigate the possibility
by danks, 55 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 86

Breville Dual Boiler leak - advice please?

Hi, Could you please advise the right orings sizes used in oracle dual boiler which I think is the same with BDB. Cheers
by wrichad3, Today, 7:44 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 117

Needed advice on used Quick Mill Anita

Valving seems very different than in the pics you posted and what I have found. ?older compression valves I suspect it is older than 2010. I have seen things improperly badged and wanted to see if this was just an older model That would affect pricing and parts availability for me here is a pic {image}
by drH, Today, 6:59 am in Espresso Machines

Is amusing to remind myself just how often attitude and setting influence the perception of taste. Many of the times I've tried superautos it was on vacation- in a nice airport or a fun restaurant. At those times I thought they were great but I never felt similarly when I try them at a local mall or at a
by jaibm, Today, 6:40 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 118 Views: 9196

ITO/Leva! Controller - Q&A + Experience

Hi all After my ito arrived in Aus the other week, I got the chance to install it in my Silvia over the weekend. It all went super smoothly thanks to the great manuals supplied and forums such as this. Worst part was having to wait for the adhesives to dry. Just wondering if anyone has run into
by vit, Today, 5:54 am in Espresso Machines

All superautos work pretty much same way There is a "brew unit" inside, most of them made by Saeco I think, made mostly of plastics. Coffee is ground directly into it, onto the piston that is inside a cylinder, then compressed / tamped by that piston, then hot water is pushed through it, with piston serving as a water
by Ypuh, Today, 5:42 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 44 Views: 2102

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

I guess Ryan kinda nailed it. Visited a friend last week and made a few espressos on his R58 with Specialita grinder. Also owned a Rocket Evo myself before purchasing a LMLM. In short; the taste was great. Don't expect major differences in that department. I also really enjoyed using his machine, but at the same time realized