Recent Posts

by Brewzologist, 11 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 11 Views: 206

New York Times article on health benefits of coffee

I've always been pretty tolerant of caffeine having worked night shifts for years. I cut way back on it 6 months ago to rule out potential causes of my migraines, and all I ever drink is arabica. I immediately noticed I was sleeping better, and had less of a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night too....
by franklin270h, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 145 Views: 5289

98mm Burrs for Brew

The best way to picture it is that the teeth are like channels for coffee to flow through, gradually getting reduced to a size where they can fit through that final gap. Outfall depth and geometry is essentially like a tolerance for coffee to flow through, where a deeper outfall (what SSP would call "lower uniformity") allows a wider tolerance...
by Brewzologist, 20 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 12 Views: 105

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

If you are considering a proportional gas valve you may find the following thread useful. In the end, the proportional valve was not necessarily a slam-dunk, and some elected to use a needle valve and servo for gas automation. I haven't gone back and researched valves again since automating my roaster, but finding a valve that gives you the flow...
by franklin270h, 26 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 145 Views: 5289

98mm Burrs for Brew

They're identical. Hansang has said as much on his Instagram as well as in a few correspondence emails. Keep in mind Ultra is Lyn Webers classification, not SSP's naming convention. It's a high uniformity multipurpose design.
by Brewzologist, 29 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

You can source the RTD probes anywhere as long as they are the right length for the Cormorant. The diameter to get depends on the compression fitting included or sourced to fit the roaster. I suggest a ~3mm diameter RTD. If you search for "RTD" in the roasting forum you will find a lot of information about them. Honestly, the...
by PBJ, 35 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 25

Artisan software issue with Toper

Under config choose machine then select toper
by davecx365, 45 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Nice setup and report! To me, the gas control is still the hardest part to control on the Cormorant. I find it hard to make adjustments for anything less than 4mbr at a time. The heat control (via Artisan) is about the only thing I miss from using the Hottop. Its good to know that someone has found a solution...
by superchicken, 58 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 26 Views: 637

My ECM Synchronika now sounds like a Breville BES920...

No. The disk dropped inside the elbow fitting.
by homeburrero, Today, 4:18 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 26 Views: 637

My ECM Synchronika now sounds like a Breville BES920...

Was it perhaps one of these little inline mesh filters? "What is this on the water line?"
by dascoont, Today, 4:16 pm in Grinders
Replies: 897 Views: 100681

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

Wow thats a nice mod, after a light mist on the beans for static, I often have to push some stray bean left in the hopper. Why don't you make the funnel more recessed/lower, and extrude the rectangular section to the same height as the lip of the feed? That way you don't get a 'lip' and more of the...