Recent posts

by espressoren
6 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 259
Views: 20182

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

I get something kind of like that with my DIY version and standard Acaia scale, but I figured it was a glitch in the Bluetooth library or scale library software and not the scale itself. It will always "connect" immediately, but occasionally it will connect and won't send data, so I don't get weight numbers. I then have to
by Jonk
8 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 40
Views: 2348

Mazzer Philos Comments

There's a high probability those i200d won't fit in an Ode. The other 64mm Mazzer (OEM) burrs normally don't AFAIK. Just to share my experience, I haven't noticed obvious differences between SSP MPv1 ("brew"/"unimodal v1") mounted in an unrestricted Mazzer Mini E or Fellow Ode. Very minor if any, swapping them back and forth. With 50Hz outlets they should
Advertisement
by JRising
14 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 69

Miele CM5200 Brew Issues

F1Fault code - NTC temperature sensor - Through-flow heater (1R30) short-circuited F2Fault code - NTC temperature sensor - Through-flow heater (1R30) open-circuited Those are the only 2 I see... But perhaps check the wiring and resistance of the NTC sensor. (Probably around 100 KOhms at room temp)
by Dago52
23 minutes ago
Replies: 1656
Views: 166569

La Marzocco Linea Micra

Love the yellow & congrats!! We also debated between the yellow & red & ended up with the red. Enjoy
by bnjmn
30 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6
Views: 77

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Just finished it this AM, thanks for the HT! So I guess I'm on the right track
by CaptainCoffeeBuzz
39 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 31
Views: 1028

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

One other random question: Can it be paused or stalled during the brew process to stir or agitate the coffee in the basket? I know there's a habit for some in Pour over communities to do a spin between pours or during the last drawdown and wondered if that was possible (despite obviously how hot it probably is during
by bznelson91
41 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 40
Views: 2348

Mazzer Philos Comments

Any idea on the 200 burrs with filter coffee? I've been considering a burr swap for my Fellow Ode Gen 2 since I have my Lagom P64 as my primary now. It does have an auger and vertical mounting, but obviously can't (or shouldn't) be used for espresso. Brad
by frankz42
1 hour ago
Replies: 1656
Views: 166569

La Marzocco Linea Micra

We debated the yellow. But red won out
by Jonk
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 107

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

I have both. It really depends on what basket you're using with the Flair. Their 'low flow' basket use a similar grind to the Robot (if you use the same dose). For straight-walled baskets you'll usually need a tighter grind with the Flair - but if you want you can just lower the dose for the Robot instead of
by bnjmn
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 6
Views: 77

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Ah, so it's supposed to be soggy? This makes sense as I don't know what else I could do! Also changed my output to 16g, thanks for weighing in