Recent Posts

by ZombiEE, 9 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 18 Views: 649

Flow control beneficial for me?

Hi 63isme, With Flow Control it is easier prevent chanelling. My daily routine now is to set it to approximately 6 ml/s, gentler flow on the puck. I have had Coffee Sensor one for a broef moment and replaced it with Profitec without installing the stiffer spring.
by MochaMike, 37 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4 Views: 46

Need help fixing espresso that I THINK is over extracted

thanks for this info...yeah, I think it's the astringency I'm tasting, although I'm certainly no expert. My PID is already at 94 C...is that too high? if I decrease the dose though, I need to go finer no? So that I stay at roughly the same extraction time. I do WDT but maybe my tamping isn't even. I need a...
by MochaMike, 40 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

it's this bag: {link} not sure if that answers how light it is....maybe it doesn't. I can try upping the ratio from 1:2 to 1:1.5....but is it still supposed to be in roughly 25-30 seconds?
by ZombiEE, 56 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7520 Views: 1204836

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Hi, Beautiful setup, how do you find The Duomo compared to usual WDT needles?
by cap2, Today, 12:06 am in Grinders
Replies: 19 Views: 1543

Lance Hedrick on Grinders Under $300 [VIDEO]

I'd love to see someone compare his top pick Urbanic with a Eureka Mignon Filtro ($209 in the US) 50mm flat burrs and 260 watt motor. Grinds the same as the other sub-$500 Eureka Mignons, just missing the bells and whistles of the pricier 50mm Eurekas Mignons.
by DamianWarS, Today, 12:03 am in Tips and Techniques

bitter can be from too high of temp too and a bitter from over-extraction usually results in astringency which is that drying mouth sensation. There is a difference between over-extract bitter and temp bitter. if it's bitter with no astringency I would lower the temp. everyone calls their roast profile something different and light-medium to one may be dark to...
by Jeff, Yesterday, 11:57 pm in Tips and Techniques

I don't know how light your "light" is. Some roasters' "light" is my "medium". Mainstream coffee "medium" is my "dark". For what I call light roasts (like "drip" roasts), of good quality greens and roasted well, it's hard to over extract them. There isn't much, if any roast bitterness or other defects to pull out. The shots get thinner, but...
by Jeff, Yesterday, 11:46 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 61 Views: 4824

Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

"Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima"
by aonphleacs, Yesterday, 11:29 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 552 Views: 46295

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

Good to know things are moving along. Those of us not attached to Discord appreciate the insider knowledge Although I would be ecstatic if he made the ship date... I have literally never backed a project that has not had a production delay (okay, okay. Maybe one digital book. But that's it!).