Recent Posts

by F9zSlavik, 6 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 1

La Cimbali DT1 Junior

I have an opportunity to buy a used La Cimbali DT1 Junior. It was used on a yacht and form what I was told, well maintained. The owner no longer wanted it, was gifted and then store away for a couple of years. Would something like this be worth 960 dollars? I would like to own it mainly because I
by jimocallaghan, 19 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Leaking Hot Water tap on open

Hello, I've an issue on a Sanremo Capri dual group espresso machine where the hot water tap is leaking from the valve (when I pop the front off the plastic knob water is dripping out there) - this only happens when the valve is in the open position and seems to vary based on whether there is an lateral
by HH, 24 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 33 Views: 1643

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

Ah! Yes you are completely right - the steam on the LM is amazing. I agree if you're making multiple milk drinks back to back there's a significant benefit in the Mini. It's also certified for business use in the US, which is a huge benefit if you are running a coffee cart. To be honest for a cart, it
by oksako, 32 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 1

E61 Preinfusion

Is this a thing? * Lift the lever to ON position * Wait until desired pressure for PI is reached * Set the lever to mid-position, so that the pump gets disabled, but the extraction doesn't stop --> Pressurized preinfusion (kind of a blooming) is happening * Lift the lever to continue
by espressotime, 37 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 193

1957 Urania 2nd gen refurb

The cma measures 141 mm and has an outer diam. of 46 mm The stock one is 44 and 137 mm in length.Although it maybe has shortened a bit over the years
by Paul_Pratt, 47 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

I would guess the lever is standard but then are broken or lost and end up being replaced with the knobs. For the small group spring I have always used the CMA lever springs. They are a decent fit. Otherwise I use the same spring as on a Marte/Mercurio
by dilin, 56 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 181

IMS basket for 1st gen La Pavoni

Finally received the IMS 49mm a few days ago. First impressions after 8 shots with the new basket, it can take a finer grind, with less channeling, up to 14.5g. Tastewise, this resulted in more mouthfeel and aftertaste. The caveat is that simply I could be paying more attention to prep and distribution upon receiving a new toy
by espressotime, Today, 3:43 am in Lever Espresso Machines

The Zodiaco spring at their site had different dimensions from the spring in my machine the last time I checked. At the moment I'm using the stock one. These are three others. {image} All slightly different.I haven' t been able to get an exact replica yet. I measured different strength in all three of them . One is way
by Marcelnl, Today, 2:50 am in Lever Espresso Machines

Paul, great that you chime in, I was also wondering about the differences I did not spot initially. Do you also happen to know if all/most Urania's came with the lever for fill/hot water? Mine has a wheel knobwhich is pretty tight at times, and I was thinking to swap it for the lever if I can get my hands
by Botato, Today, 2:31 am in Grinders
Replies: 1347 Views: 156468

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

Was swapping out my V1.1 burrs for new SSP MP burrs and noticed these scratches on the v1.1 burrs. I've only run about 2lbs of medium roast coffee through these so far. Is this normal wear and tear? {image} {image}