Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 13 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 16 Views: 1060

Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock

Wow. Congratulations! Maybe now he'll get around to those of us left unfulfilled from the Aergrind KS. (I stopped holding my breath on that one )
by pigsfly33, 18 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 9 Views: 246

Ditting 804 Lab Sweet Custom Hopper

Also following. Rue - your design is lovely and if you are willing to share it would be very much appreciated. Happy to support in any way I can.
by bancial, 36 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 18

Will Nuova Simonelli valve piston fit my Carimali UNO?

100% compatible.
by iploya, Today, 7:51 pm in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 9 Views: 83

Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m

Just catching up. Yeah, I didn't realize you were using an aftermarket PF but that explains the blowout you described. Not a high-end machine and probably not designed to be compatible with other PFs (though I can understand trying to get it to work).
by wormraper, Today, 7:50 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 45 Views: 805

Baratza Encore wearing out, needing a new grinder

came in today much sooner than expected. No directions in the box, but plenty online. Pretty easy to take apart and put back together every time now that I've monkey'd around with it... did a pourover right now at about 8.0 on the grind wheel.... definitely too extracted, probably need to go closer to 8.5-9.0.....but holy sh**, that grind consistency...
by warrenlain, Today, 7:48 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 16 Views: 1060

Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock

Anyone remember me? After nearly two years, Peter Kilpatrick finally acknowledged this. He offered to resolve my issue with either a new grinder or a refund for the one I bought plus the shipping I paid. He claimed they sent it out in February, but offered no proof and blamed lockdowns and being understaffed for being unable to manage the...
by IamOiman, Today, 7:23 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 40 Views: 1841

Just set up my new daily driver, Bezzera Lever

Thijs is very helpful and often responds pretty quickly if you email him. Nice guy. The spring turned black as it probably reacted with the piston during descaling. Try not to mix ferrous metals with brass/copper/aluminum to avoid that as it results in a situation where the ferrous bits will slowly wear away in the solution. The black stuff is...
by zix, Today, 7:12 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 40 Views: 1841

Just set up my new daily driver, Bezzera Lever

Hoses, tubing and their connections is one of the few areas where even us metriculous people still use imperial, now and then. I am very impressed! Great job, D Hoge, I have never dared venture that far into the innards of my Bezzie.
by napierzaza, Today, 7:00 pm in Grinders
Replies: 36 Views: 3008

Tiny motors on new grinders?

Funny to see how many people talk about precision and good manufacturing to somehow imply that Ditting doesn't know what it's doing when it's making a grinder. As for me I have one a Mazzer SJ and I was very happy when I got it a decade ago. It takes about 10 seconds to grind a dose of coffee while...
by H8tobogie, Today, 6:53 pm in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 32

[FS] Anfim Cody 2 grinder in white finish

Hi, I purchased this in 2018 and it had been a fantastic machine. I am moving overseas and decided I would sell my setup rather than ship it (not to mention voltage differences to deal with). I am asking $750. The item is located in the Austin, TX area and I prefer local pickup. I would ship at the buyer's...