Recent Posts

by JohanR, less than a minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 40

Eureka Specialita - No power to motor

+1 for clogged - I have had precisely the same experience with my Specialita
by ClintFeedwood, 6 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 41 Views: 553

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

No harm done or offense taken. I really appreciate your inputs. I've been receiving many great tips so far and a lot of them were pointing me to the bigger basket. One day I too will manage to pull a great shot... for some reason I also just imagined myself to have a bit of an easier time with this...
by Espressoman007, 10 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 29 Views: 1073

Lever Wanted

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet...I am so impressed with it. Cheers!
by SJM, 26 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

And if I came off as insulting, I apologize. I understand your objective and simply think it is constraining your learning. End of my intrusion into this thread. Susan
by MikeTheBlueCow, 28 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 3 Views: 71

Stagg X vs XF

About what size brew do you use with the X? I regularly make 10g up to 15g doses (150 to 240g water) - do you think I could do a bloom+one large pour recipe with 15g and 240g water? Or would the X be more suitable for the 10g/150g amount with the single large pour style recipe?
by ClintFeedwood, 30 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

I was not trying to be learn-resistent and apologize if I was giving of that vibe. I simply wanted to find a way to drink lots of nice coffee while keeping my intake on the jittery stuff as low as possible. I will probably soon enough have a go at the double basket as many of you pointed out. Just...
by baldheadracing, 32 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 740 Views: 76113

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Lift the grinder and give the grinder a thump or two and the retained grinds will fall out. If you do this then I suggest using a plastic grinds container instead of the glass container supplied.
by HB, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 7

Grimac La Valentina not heating

Threads like ""espresso machine not heating"" call out the usual suspects (pressurestat, high temperature switch, heating element, controller). But since you've had it opened and replaced parts, I would start by double-checking my work (with the machine unplugged, of course). I looked in the "parts diagram" and don't see a over-temperature switch. If there was one, it'd be located on...
by SJM, 38 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

Mea culpa. Apologies But now I see he's using a Bezzera BZ10? I still say "try a double basket" I may be 'more hindrance than help', but....I don't think so.
by leckel1996, 42 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 740 Views: 76113

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

I just got this and the grind quality is ridiculously consistent. It's a beast to handle, but is definitely usable. I'm wondering though if the retention eases up as the burrs are seasoned. Currently this grinder is retaining around 2g 4 clicks from the finest setting when grinding 24g. What's also interesting is that while the coffee is incredibly clear...