Recent Posts

by Jake_G, 5 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 48 Views: 2150

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

Sorry to be harsh, but this is just rubbish. With a good grinder, the LMLM can deliver whatever you want in your coffee. You just have to learn to use its rock-steady performance to your advantage. Ultra-light-roasted coffee will benefit from a higher brew temperature and a lower peak brew temperature. Both things that the LMLM can do with
by thecoffeefield, 7 minutes ago in Buying Advice

I think this goes back to my comment earlier, you may not like the resulting espresso from a LMLM with light roasts beans but others including myself enjoy light roast beans from the LMLM. It's all preference at the end of the day
by Quester, 19 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 61 Views: 4944

KafaTek MAX vs. KafaTek MC4-Duo vs. Versalab M4

Then it seems like it was a $600 burr whose up to 300% slower grinding speed serves no essential function. On the KafaTek forum, they stated it was designed that way because of power constraints and potential jamming with light roasts
by bringyoutomyhell, 24 minutes ago in Buying Advice

LMLM is mostly an aesthetically pleasing machine, built with commercial grade parts, and very, very simple and limited in its functions, made for those who enjoy italian style espresso and don't want to tinker to obtain the best they can from a bean, and will stick to classic dark or medium roast ones. If you mostly care about
by JRising, 27 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 105

Izzo Alex Duetto III - Brew Boiler Not Heating

I'm with Arnold. Go ahead and swap the probes, see if the impossible readings move with the probe. Re-seating them in a bit of teflon tape will work just fine if the copper washers won't behave
by bringyoutomyhell, 31 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 33 Views: 794

Just moved to EU. Please recommend Ethiopia/Nicaragua coffees

Just received a La Cabra. Thankfully not as dark as the ones I had in 2020. Probably like before. Still not as light as, say, Friedhats, but still nice
by Liverbird_8, 37 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 42 Views: 740

BWT Premium with RO water?

I've contacted BWT South Africa who say that my RO system is removing too many minerals for the Bestmin to mineralize the water beyond 1°d. From how it is advertised, Bestmin is to be used in conjunction with an RO system, so this makes no sense to me. He recommends replacing my RO with the bestaqua membrane or using bestmin
by Jeff, 49 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 132

Needed advice on used Quick Mill Anita

That's an Anita with the classic style valves, the switches in the top, and the badge on the front. The vacuum breaker I mentioned is probably like this one. Confirm the thread size. {link} The "evo" video was 2015, as I recall, so probably any time before then. The boiler-pressure gauge needle looks like it has moved
by drH, 56 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Many of these comments about the LM ring true for me. I've had some stellar light roasts from Linea PB machines when paired with Mahlkonig Peaks in cafes
by luvmy40, Today, 9:06 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 100

Breville Dual Boiler leak - advice please?

007 Silicone for the water/steam lines, 010 silicone for the water level probes