Recent posts

by robotuser
less than a minute ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 147
Views: 11404

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Do you mean 3/29 roast date with a 4 week rest? Mine arrived. Patiently wait for 3 weeks...or 4
by Jake_G
2 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 72

La Marzocco GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

I just checked. With the 1.2mm steam tip it slowly decreases from 1.5 bar at 30s down to 1.3 bar at 50s. Idle is set at 1.9 bar right now, so there is an immediate dip to 1.5 and then a slow decline from there. Though I'm not sure what this tells you in terms of what it
Advertisement
by PPapa
2 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 12
Views: 173

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

Greases with PTFE/Teflon (like Loxeal #4) can be a pain to get rid of. I've used it for five years on a Londinium and after changing to Viton (greaseless) seals, it keeps coming back through the thermosyphon cycle, deposits at the bottom of the bore and then grabs onto the seals. I now use Haynes (as suggested by
by jdrobison
5 minutes ago
Replies: 147
Views: 11404

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

I have a 4/29 roast and just this morning finally picked up that "who's-baking-blueberry-muffins" scent that I love when Yirgacheffes are being ground. It's not so much in the cup yet, but I've never picked up blueberry in the cup with Yirga's as much as I have from the beans/grounds themselves
by Sal
12 minutes ago
Replies: 15
Views: 750

Revel Coffee - Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra

Just had my first cup of this coffee after 10 days of rest... WOW! I have never had coffee that tastes like Cucumber Lemonade. And yes, some unripe watermelon and guava are there too. Amazing! I must say, this is the very first "light" roasted coffee that did not overwhelm me with sourness. That being said... if I
by sovietchimp
24 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 12

ECM Synchronika Brew Switch Getting Stuck

Thanks! The button does have a slight scrunchy noise to it, think this should definitely fix it. I have a big tube of dow 111 but know you shouldn't use that for metal-to-metal surface points. I like doing things up to standards so I'll go ahead and pick up some Haynes Lubrifilm
by mkane
29 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5
Views: 134

Underdeveloped coffee

Im not a pro heres my grain of salt reply. Theres a couple of places during the roast R0R has stalled
by bgn
37 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 31

Bought a Nurri

Had an Argos. Sold it after a week. Surprised to see Nurris on a %15 off sale at a Canadian retailer and decided to pull the trigger on it. Eight week wait. Looking forward to using all the features it has and will have lots to learn
by EddyQ
38 minutes ago
Replies: 12
Views: 173

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

I found predominately across the web that Dow 111 being recommended for espresso machine orings and seals. It is everywhere! And I suspect it is there for good reason because it has worked for many decades on these machines. Plus, it has higher food safety certifications than alternatives. Furthermore, it apparently is working for most who
by Nunas
45 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 12

ECM Synchronika Brew Switch Getting Stuck

I had the same thing happen with my Synk. I applied a bit of Haynes Lubrifilm and the problem went away. You don't need much, just a tiny smear. A similar problem I had was a little squeak, which I thought was coming from the group. After lubing the group, the squeak was still there. It was the end of