Recent Posts

by DamianWarS, 3 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 694 Views: 60569

G-IOTA espresso grinder

I just got this grinder and out of the box im pretty happy with it and can't say I agree with JH's general "meh" sentiment. It came with two extra rubber sleeves for the PF forks which I put at the bottom (oob only the top had them) and I haven't had an issue with the PF coming out (DE1PRO...
by Marcelnl, 4 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 9 Views: 128

Portable Gas Stove Smell

I would leave the gas hose alone to avoid the risk of damaging it, and plan to replace it next year or now for one that does not stink...these hoses do degrade and in my country they need to be replaced every X (many in four) years, the date for replacement is usually printed on the outside. (I'm not overly...
by TomC, 13 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 5 Views: 82

The Espresso Smoothie

These are delicious! Our own, "Ernst Schaefer" turned me on to the idea buying one of these high rpm lab blenders for exactly this, back in 2014 when I toured his awesome espresso machine collection. I stuck with my Blendtec I'd just recently bought a year or two before. {image} I'm not a great historian on frappe, but I think...
by chanty 77, 36 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 80

Lelit Victoria question/possible problem

From what I am gathering, making 3 espressos with 2 doubles in each drink (so 6 doubles) one after the other is a lot of work on a single boiler because the boiler has to continue to bring in water to heat up. I get that it isn't a huge boiler at 300ml, yet my Gaggia Classic boiler at 100ml...
by spopinski, 42 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 27

Eureka Mignon MCI

You can set it to 9 grams and dose twice..
by Eiern, 45 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 168

Bang for the buck 98mm flat burr grinder for filter.

I think he is referring to machined SSP 98mm burrs, which is best for espresso, not filter. I would personally not buy an expensive 98mm High Uniformity burrs grinder intended for filter use.
by tinay09, 57 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1473 Views: 124006

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Hi! i about to get my Bianca (tomorrow) and would really like inouts on power draw. -Has anyone tested the max power draw? 220v units -Would the 2 boilers work at the same time or one after the other since both boilers are 1400w each. -I'm in the Philippines and concerned if I need to do anything special on my...
by Vlad, Today, 1:45 am in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 27

Eureka Mignon MCI

Hi folks, I got a Eureka Mignon MCI. I'm very happy about the setup, but I've not managed to pull a decent espresso shot under Timer settings, and I'm wondering if it's my grinder setting is the problem. For a double shot, i trying to grind 18 grams of coffee but even under max timer time (16sec) I'm able to...
by erik82, Today, 1:38 am in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 40 Views: 862

Value Of A Bottomless Portafilter In Developing Skill?

Those thinner ears can be a big problem. Due to pressure buildup the portafilter will come out eventually and then you'll have a red hot missile flying through your kitchen. I think most experienced (Home)barista have had this happen at one time and it's pretty dangerous (wrong portafilter or not tightenng it enough).
by ronncat, Today, 1:37 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 52

Controlling a Cormorant Roaster with Artisan

Will definitely use PID for warm up. I did this with my Quest and Artisan. Now... if I get real lazy, I might just have to automate the entire roast session