Recent Posts

by Oskuk, 10 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 34 Views: 1318

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

Any Eureka is a real grinder, if we compare the plastic Baratzas. Settte and Vario has One big advantage: you do not have to watch the that long in your desk. But, as many have commented: they have cheap spares!
by GC7, 17 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 82

Brew pressure issue on a QM67

Thanks, The bottom hose on that brass3-way piece coming out of the brew boiler is what causes the pressure increase if pinched. It swings around to the top of that same piece via a T-hose connector where the other hose I think goes to the E61 brew outlet.The 3rd hoe out of there goes to the drip dray as far
by dcfan2021, 19 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 6

DC Studio Steam Wand Losing Pressure

Hi everyone, new member here. Thanks for having me! I purchased a new DC Studio machine about 6 months ago and noticed that when I try to froth a large sized milk pitcher (60cl) the steam wand loses pressure too quickly so the milk doesn't whirl properly by the end. I tried descaling the machine in case
by MNate, 31 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 189

Decent Espresso DE1PRO or XXL? Which model for small cafe?

I couldn't tell you what you need, I suppose you mainly have to look at your own projected numbers. There are a growing number of places employing Decent machines, even in fairly quick coffee shop settings. However, commonly they will have two of them if it really is a business-critical tool. Think of it as a two group
by Zaneemomo, 31 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 15 Views: 696

End game grinder: EG-1, Kafatek MC4 or Flat Max?

The ultra burrs coffees taste slightly cleaner, flavors a little better defined, but also a slight loss of body. The pour overs are outstanding, some of the best I've ever had. For espresso, it's still a work in progress. At first I couldn't pull a decent shot at all. They were fast, spritzy, and channeling a
by Quester, 41 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 15 Views: 696

End game grinder: EG-1, Kafatek MC4 or Flat Max?

I've owned all three. Two of those grinders can be configured with various burrs. For the EG-1 there are three that Weber offers--DB1 Core, DB2 Ultra, DB3 Base. For the MAX, there are four burrs offered by KafaTek--SLM, SMD, SSW, and a new course burr. To say nothing of the SSP burrs it initially used. So this question
by titan, 47 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 34 Views: 1318

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

I was very close to order a niche, but seriously the idea of paying one tax on top of another does not really sit well with me, and I think we should discuss it more. I was happy there was a thread about it on reddit. Even though I am in the market, I am not in a rush currently
by John49, 54 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1 Views: 37

Spiced up with licoroce

Interesting any suggestions on how I could order some droppoeder?
by NicoNYC, 56 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 82

How (not) to clean the burrs

I wouldn't worry too much about having done damage. In fact, I bet the coffee you ground afterwards soaked up any traces of water in the burr teeth, and applied a light sheen of coffee oils to the surfaces. Most everything else in the grinder is aluminum or plastic. The only spot I'd be maybe concerned about is where the
by JRising, Today, 9:06 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 82

Brew pressure issue on a QM67

Oh. Can you describe where this valve is located? If water is forced into your boiler when brewing, thus displacing water out from a steam wand, then your boiler fill solenoid is leaking internally allowing the high brew circuit pressure (potentially 9 bar) to escape into the low pressure boiler circuit (potentially 1.3 Bar)... That would be coming out