Recent posts

by DaveC
7 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 68
Views: 2381

ACS waiting times

I assume you have the safety system, if so the piston and stainless bore sleeve are the original piston. The safety system has a modified piston for technical reasons. It would be good to know exactly how you put the dent in the case to other people don't make the same mistake
by roopaksuri
8 minutes ago
Replies: 106
Views: 12660

Kees van der Westen Spiritello one-group lever

The pre-order price in Taiwan is 499,000 NT$ included VAT. 30% down payment when the order is confirmed. Leva X1 costs 310,000 NT$ for comparison {link} Spiritello is 60% more expensive than Leva X1!
Advertisement
by Coffeebeanzzz
46 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2248
Views: 221925

Lelit Bianca User Experience

So I replaced the steam boiler safety valve and now when the machine comes up to temp the seal where I screwed the new valve sputters and hisses. Is there a thread lock type of stuff I should have used on the threading? I'm also pretty sure I could have screwed it in tighter but figured I'd ask here before
by NelisB
3 hours ago

ACS waiting times

Congratulations!
by SCANNAMAIALI
3 hours ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 5
Views: 239

Espresso coffee comes out worse than before.

As soon as I can I'll go get some coffees that have the production date printed on the package. I am going to update this debate. Thank you all!
by just4kickz
4 hours ago

ACS waiting times

Congrats on the machine!! How was assembling it? Any advice you would give to have a smooth installation?
by MinistryofEspresso
4 hours ago
Replies: 6
Views: 106

Is Haynes Lubri-Film Plus suitable lubricant for Flair machines?

They are all silicone. SuperLube is a great alternative to 111
by MinistryofEspresso
4 hours ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 117

Short circuit La Marzocco Linea Classic AV

The switch has three positions; off, electronics on, and heating elements on. Did the pop and smoke happen in position 1 or 2? You wouldn't hear a pop from a burnt out heating element
by another_jim
5 hours ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 63

Underdeveloped coffee

I would advise roasting further and backing off in subsequent roasts, rather than going for a roast this light on a new coffee first thing. This is especially ture if you are not used to the smells of a roast ready to drop -- sniff the beans in the tryer before dropping -- they should smell sweet, not vinegary or
by TomC
5 hours ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2
Views: 63

Underdeveloped coffee

Welcome to HB John! what was your charge weight for this roast? Are we talking about a solid drum or perforated drum? if you like light roasts and you're spending 1+ minute post first crack, then id hesitate to say that you might want to adjust your settings to spend more time in the middle phase of the roast