Recent posts

by cafeIKE
6 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8
Views: 102

Long startup - Vibiemme Domobar Super

It could be the boiler fill solenoid. If it's not opening fully or clogged somehow it would slow both the open group and boiler fill rates. Or it could be a low flow rate on the pump. If you got some dirt or growth in the water tank, it could clog the inlet screen. Or if there is
by scrooge
57 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 4
Views: 56

Help me figure out this model Astoria Argenta - AEP/2N

thanks for the reply.. after I scrolled to the side of the + block that I circled in the second photo, the pressure increased to 1.7 bar.. Is that a lot? at the same time, the temperature of the coffee comes out about 60 - 70 degrees...I usually wait about 25 minutes and the pressure becomes 1-1.5 bar.. I start
Advertisement
by lassepavoni
1 hour ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6
Views: 216

(Ab)using the Europiccola to pull coffee instead of espresso

That's for sure. I don't drink a lot of coffee though, and would have to discard the bigger part of each bag of fresh beans. That'd be pretty wasteful, and luckily I prefer the cup of "stale joe" instead. Not sure the beans are really stale, actually... they certainly don't taste as off as i.e. rancid butter does
by Giampiero
1 hour ago

In the first photo, you circled the ball valve that open the circuit for the automatic boiler refill, in brief that ball valve is between the automatic refill solenoid valve and the boiler, so if you must keep in that position OPEN. If i recall well that model as many, should be set at max boiler pressure 0,9/1,1 bar
by malling
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 204
Views: 26373

Pietro by Fiorenzato - vertical flat-burr manual grinders

All flats get grinds behind the burrs and carriers, I never seen one that didn't and I seen many. Yes mine also get a tiny bit, but it takes long time to build up, I honestly think they did as good a job as is physically possible
by mcudogs
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 60

Breville Dual Boiler 920 little flow through group head

Try doing a few cleaning cycles using the menu, cleaning disk and tablets. If that doesn't improve the flow you may have to remove the solenoid and disassemble / clean it out. There are videos available detailing this
by nick_111
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 53
Views: 1942

Meaningful upgrade from Lelit Bianca V3

That's super interesting and thanks for sharing! One of the great benefits from participating in a forum like homebarista is that you get to know the thought process and accumulated experience of others. In the past I have played with grinding finer (and not using preinfusion) but results were not as good in general. Admittedly I have not been
by scrooge
1 hour ago

Hi, thanks for the reply.. Do you know what it is? when I turn towards the plus, the temperature rises, and with it the pressure in the boiler.. do I understand correctly that this changes the temperature, or is it better for me not to touch it ? {image}
by jeffreylam98
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 357
Views: 33974

New Mazzer grinder announcement - Mazzer Philos

my dealer has a direct contact from Mazzer and he will obtain stock from that contact, is it that it's more difficult for australian dealer to obtain stock from europe ?
by godlyone
2 hours ago

That's the manual fill valve to fill the boiler The machine is a heat exchange (hx) You run the group and flush water to cool it before pulling a shot