Recent Posts

by GC7, 2 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 82

Ulka pump seems to mute during brewing

That expansion valve seat looks to me like it needs replacement regardless of your pump status. If you can't find a parts dealer in Denmark or nearby let me know. I believe I still have a couple from the old QM Anita that don't fit my new machine that uses a mushroom type seat. I'll look around, try to
by cuppajoe, 9 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 21 Views: 249

Riviera leaking past piston seals

{image} Here's the location of the piston in relation to the cylinder, pretty much as low as it goes. No adjustment, the rod is screwed tight against the piston. It does not appear that anyone has modified the cylinder. I am unaware of any screen being available other than OEM. The inlet port is 17mm above the end of
by chipman, 17 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 29 Views: 811

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

A few days worth of coffee beans in the small hopper will not get any more stale than if you stored them some other way. You may be over thinking this a bit
by Nunas, 21 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Quest M3 contact

I had similar woes when I bought my M6. I believe that Molly has some serious challenges comprehending and writing in English. I second Jim's assertion that she does come through in the end
by K7, 22 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 501 Views: 37271

Flair 58

Both are capable of making top-class espresso. Based on my experience with both, I think you should have no problem getting texture with either one. Coffee type, grind size, basket, dose, pull ratio, extraction time...they all play a part, I think. Some say grinder type (conical vs flat) is a big factor also. In the end, Flair 58 offers
by dpiette, 25 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 202

Cafelat Silicone Lever Gaskets - How Long Do They Last?

"Quickmill Achille Gaskets (3 years later)" I got about three years out of mine
by dpiette, 38 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 257

Replacement Profitec Pro 800 gaskets

You can buy those gaskets from Espresso Parts and not have to worry about shipping from Oz
by sar5w, 40 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 31

Mystery Astoria Valve

That there's the one: {link} The often times don't survive a freeze event and keep the correct shape to prevent flow in the wrong direction
by DamianWarS, 51 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 29 Views: 811

So frustrating to pick a grinder!

I have the the Vario (W model upgraded with Forte parts), DF64, Speciallita (55mm burrs), Ode and for a hand grinder I have the JMAX. I don't like the Speciallita because I find I need to grind near touch for espresso and it hasn't worked well for single dosing but you can mod it. I use the Ode
by ira, 53 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 330 Views: 11107

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

So basically you're saying, the only important thing is the height and penetration of the probe into the bean mass. I would assume the higher it is the closer it will be to the actual bean temperature as the air and beans will have had more chance to stabilize. How penetration factors is much less clear, though I notice the