Recent Posts

by gobucks, 4 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 113

$1500ish budget for new or used semiautomatic espresso machine

Just to be clear, the ECM Classika PID does have steam, it just requires some waiting around for the boiler to heat up. That being said, if your wife is the one who will be using milk, it's probably best not to skimp on milk performance. Especially since there are several double boilers at a similar price point
by MCal2003, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 15 Views: 482

1Zpresso K series buying advice.

Not sure on the cost difference to 1Zpresso for rare earth vs. reg. magnets. Maybe a future "upgrade". 2,3 or 4 rare earth vs. the many more regular magnets. Less machining for lower number of magnets needed. Might eliminate the accidental cup "drop". One other potential advantage of the Max. More stable base when just
by BaristaBoy E61, 10 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7698 Views: 1240938

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Welcome to HB Joseph. Your Duetto looks pretty mint. Someone will be getting an excellent machine if you decide to upgrade. It even seems like all the PID LED segments are still functioning from what I can tell
by Marthvader, 14 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 27

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II produces steam pressure but cold water at grouphead

Thank you for reaching out! I've given it roughly an hour to heat up. I haven't measured those yet. Is there a good way to check the temp and pressure with household tools? Thanks again!
by Milligan, 20 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 214

Upgrade time to a serious espresso machine, advice needed

The health inspector said our area does not require the espresso machine to be NSF certified. So that opens up the options a bit. The GS3 is a great machine at the high end of the price scale. What other options would you guys recommend lower down the ladder price-wise? Thanks!
by buckersss, 23 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 12 Views: 844

Filter Grinder + 64mm SSP Burrs

On paper there doesn't seem to be any aspect of the ode that would put it above the df64. DF64 appears better in every way. Real life experience may be different. But expectations being what they are, I would have thought it's better to either sit on your cash, or spend it on another 64mm that appears better on paper
by MCal2003, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 33 Views: 690

Popular Knock Box?

Anything that works for you and meets your wants and budget? I just compost the coffee grounds. Rural home. Private septic system. Traditional tank and drain field. Image of knock box attached. Stainless steel with replaceable bar and rim bumper. Purchased decades ago along with spare bar and rim. Still using original bar
by TenLayers, 39 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 9 Views: 437

Klatch Coffee - no more greens on sale?

Days later, I'm still laughing at this
by bgnome, 55 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 27

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II produces steam pressure but cold water at grouphead

What is the boiler pressure / temperature? How long are you waiting for initial warm-up?
by LBIespresso, 56 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 9 Views: 437

Klatch Coffee - no more greens on sale?

It's been a while since greens were on sale. This is starting to remind me of when JC Penny went with no more sales, promos, or discounts. They said "Everyday low pricing" would win them marketshare...infamous last words