Recent posts

by docpotterywood
7 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 26
Views: 2252

Turin DF83 V2 Drifting Zero

@ MateoUK -sorry for late reply For my DF83 I warm up the the grinder by running it without beans for something like 10mins. And once warm, with an already clean grinder, I set the zero - and this is where I keep it ( ** with an exception I will explain below). Then on an average
by bakafish
7 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 199

Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

I had tried the steam dial on my Cremina and Lambro many years ago. I didn't like it on both machines and replaced it with the Sproline Foam Knife which is called Magic Tip now on the Rakuten (Japansese) website
Advertisement
by GDM528
11 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 329
Views: 18929

IKAWA Home - profiles

Some of my previous posts have shown how natural processed greens 'crack' later than washed greens. So, of course, the next two origins I try were gonna blow up that theory. The Vietnamese greens are Catimor varietal, 1400-1500 MASL The Costa Rica greens are Sarchimor varietal, 1300 MASL 65g batch size, fan flat at 80%, two runs
by Tillamook
30 minutes ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Replies: 0
Views: 3

[FS] Ponte Vecchio Export

Better than new. Boiler and all tubes descaled. New pressure stat, all new seals, new sight glass, new spring, new paint (pearl), all plastic replaced with new. {image} {image} {image} {image} Works great, the reviews speak for themselves. Unbelievable steam power. $600 plus shipping Free pick up in Portland Oregon
by StoicDude
44 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 52

Miele CM5200 Brew Issues

{image} This is the brew group on mine. Red arrow is the gasket for the brew chamber. That seals the coffee inside the "cup/portafilter" for the lack of a better term. O rings on the blue arrows are for inlet and outlet of water. I might be wrong, but on mine, the top one
by jtrops
52 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1
Views: 47

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

You could get the pressurized basket for the Robot, and then you only need to dial in the Flair. Or, get a second grinder. Or, be ok with close enough, but not totally dialed
by pumpkinscastle
1 hour ago
Views: 102

Insulated the Boiler Tanks for Marzocco Linea-wanted to share

Good idea. Need to do the same for my Slayer. It is 2023, and they still do not factory-insulate that machine. It should be a standard these days. My only concern with repurposing PET from old stuff would be that you can never know for sure whether it actually is 100% PET. I have some melamine foam left from
by pumpkinscastle
1 hour ago
Views: 102

Insulated the Boiler Tanks for Marzocco Linea-wanted to share

Double post. Sorry
by burdhouse
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1652
Views: 166390

La Marzocco Linea Micra

{image} Arrived today! Temporarily setup at my house for a few months before heading over to my studio. First shot went well, puck was a little soggy but results still delicious. Looking forward to dialing these in!
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 37
Views: 2164

Mazzer Philos Comments

I characterize it as syrupy rather than creamy. The whole experience is a bit like drinking an orangina, that pulpy, syrupy, super sweet Italian (or is it French?) soft drink, if it were toasted and had roasty flavors too. More quantitatively, it is lighter bodied than a conical for espresso, but there is a thickness on the tongue that