Recent Posts

by enshongmiranda, 41 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 721 Views: 50035

Breville Dual Boiler "Slayer shots"?

Completely reversible too, well, except the hole I drilled for the screw stopper. You can adjust the levers to whatever position you want them to be for the most convenient for you.
by Idfixe, Today, 12:23 am in Espresso Machines

Nice! Looks like a mini me slayer!
by Idfixe, Today, 12:21 am in Grinders
Replies: 158 Views: 7542

98mm Burrs for Brew

Kafatek (and others too) have burrs optimized for pour overs. Perhaps a good starting point?
by lancealot, Today, 12:12 am in Espresso Machines

those are cool!
by canatto, Today, 12:10 am in Grinders
Replies: 37 Views: 3059

Tiny motors on new grinders?

A hand grinder probably can be used to guesstimate the needed power rating of a motor in a power grinder with. My everyday grinder is a Pharos V1.1 that has a 68mm commercial-ish size conical burr set. It finishes 18g of medium roast beans in espresso range in 25 revolutions, in 13s time at 120 rpm at the crank. I...
by Randy G., Yesterday, 11:25 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 187

Plumbed drain line cleaning.

I run a hot water solution of Oxyclean every few weeks through mine followed by near-boiling water. I have a ceramic drip tray so no worries for me about metal content, but I use to clean all my Hottop stainless parts with it in a good long, submerged soak without problems other than it removed the red printed-on heat warning...
by sidcam, Yesterday, 11:09 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 130

San Remo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

Wow. Bit more interesting than the Cube.
by JB90068, Yesterday, 11:03 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 26 Views: 943

Lever Wanted

For a single dose grinder - email Weber. They may have some silver EG-1's still available. At the very least they will let you know when they will have a release date. They ship via DHL and it will take about five days to get to you.
by enshongmiranda, Yesterday, 11:01 pm in Espresso Machines

Sorry if I'm a bit late. Here's what I did to my water knob. {image} {image} {image}
by ira, Yesterday, 10:39 pm in Knockbox
Replies: 8 Views: 291

Allure of Espresso vs. Drip

The equipment around espresso has gotten so good that almost anyone willing to learn how to use it can pull really good espresso. Assuming you get a decent grinder and an espresso machine that has a chance, not like 12 years ago when it was a struggle. Both the terms god shot and sink shot have mostly fallen out of...