Recent Posts

by emailmarkpotter, 1 minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 52

Nuova Simonelli Musica - excess steam from group

I know about flushing but it seem a 15 second flush is pretty excessive to me.
by ShaneW, 15 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 50

La Marzocco Linea Mini - Leaking After Plumbing In

Hello Jake, Really appreciate the help. When the water supply is turned on my boiler gauge is at zero, my brew pressure valve goes from 0 to 3. When the machine is warmed up my boiler gauge is at 1.4, brew pressure goes up to 12 while brewing but then moves down to 3 again after the pump stops.
by KalWadin, 36 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 15

La Pavoni Europiccola "Ultima" Build & Restoration

Hi! After searching for a really, really long time I finally managed to get my hands on the infamous pre-mill EP. My particular model however was... not very "infamous" but rather beat up. Badly. As you can see, many pieces were missing and almost the entire body was covered in dirt, grime and rust (and on the inside hay and...
by Ypuh, 43 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 225

Mahlkonig E65S GBW - user experience

What made you move away from a Lagom P64 towards a GBW grinder? Quality wise (both build quality and grind quality) it seems like a side-step. Did you not like the workflow of a single doser? Or was there anything in particular that you didn't like about the Lagom P64? I'm asking because I'm interested in buying a Lagom P64....
by HB, Today, 7:42 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 52

Nuova Simonelli Musica - excess steam from group

The "hot" video shows a really long delay before water flows, which reminds me of a "thermosyphon stall". I don't know the specific hydraulics of the Musica, but I'd look for slow leaks (e.g., OPV, group solenoid).
by JRising, Today, 7:40 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4 Views: 50

Breville Oracle blows 20 amp breaker

Do you have a clamp-on type of ammeter and a looped plug or some way of testing what it's actually drawing? Find a way to measure the actual draw, if it's 20+ fix the machine, if it's <20, replace the breaker.
by M997, Today, 7:30 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 32 Views: 706

The sweet spot for espresso machine

also for premium will add Vittoria Arduino.
by mdurepos, Today, 7:28 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 30 Views: 227

Ultrasonic flow measurement

As you mentioned, characterizing the pump could address the first issue quite well. You would need to control for temperature due to its effect on water's density. Flow meters would have the same issue with temperature, mind you. Once characterized I would simply test the pump's maximum pressure regularly. If it hasn't moved, each piston stroke is still well sealed...
by Yan, Today, 7:05 am in Grinders
Replies: 21 Views: 3236

New Comandante MK4 grinder

The reason they keep the Burr Geometry, capture from IG. {image}
by Ypuh, Today, 7:02 am in Grinders
Replies: 45 Views: 7552

Eureka Mignon XL finally available (at least in EU)

That's a bit harsh I'd say. It serves them no purpose to do this willingly. From what I understand M4x8mm is the industry standard, whilst the XL uses M4x7mm. Someone might've just ordered the wrong screws and overall it shouldn't matter, but the way the rubber is placed a minor gap appears. I've just send an email to Eureka and...