Recent Posts

by pcdawson, 20 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Replacing pstat on Cremina SL

Unfortunately the pstat on my new Cremina SL is faulty. The vendor has given me the choice of shipping the new Pstat to me with instructions for installation, or alternatively taking it to a vendor here in Calgary who they use to service their machines (vendor is in BC). Is this an easy install? I'd be interested in hearing from...
by Jeff, 43 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 4 Views: 31

Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m

"Soggy pucks" are a visual or clean-up thing. If you think about it, by the time you see the puck as "soggy", the espresso is already in the cup. Shoot for good espresso and, like many do, deal with imperfect-appearing pucks. There are a bunch of theories about it related to the amount of headspace, the kind of pressure-release or...
by baldheadracing, 46 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 738 Views: 75938

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Excellent!
by CoffeeMac, Today, 10:48 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 355 Views: 26682

The Londinium R24

No; haven't been using it for much beyond diagnosing a non-return valve issue lol! I'll try your technique next time I pull a shot of Luna Bermudez filter roast.
by chr514, Today, 10:36 pm in Grinders
Replies: 7 Views: 178

Eureka 75mm burrs

I think you should do a thorogh cleaning before changing burrs. IMO burrs aren't likely to be worn out that easily.
by chr514, Today, 10:28 pm in Grinders
Replies: 157 Views: 7417

98mm Burrs for Brew

I think ek pre-2015 burr is best for brew
by Yan, Today, 10:23 pm in Grinders
Replies: 738 Views: 75938

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Glad to hear the improvement...
by wingnutsglory, Today, 10:19 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2027 Views: 143412

Greens Alert

Anyone try this one? Ethiopia Guji Tero Outgrowers Natural {link}
by Madman13, Today, 10:16 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 355 Views: 26682

The Londinium R24

Great, how do you like it so far? I personally like to raise the lever very slowly using the pressure gauge as a guide for light roasted coffee (I could see the value in slamming the pressure like that for medium to dark roasts to increase body).. have you tried using the gauge in that fashion yet?
by topcat2001, Today, 10:15 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1390 Views: 86473

Breville Dual Boiler, five+ years on

You probably have an internal leak due to o-ring somewhere so that is the hiss. It is probably leaking enough steam inside when in standby mode that the boiler needs to refill which turns on the pump and hence the sound. I would open it up and take a look before the leak causes corrosion or plan to send it...