Recent Posts

by luvmy40, 43 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 82

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

I just bought this one, but I haven't even unboxed it yet. {link} I have been using this one for several years now when travelling, Maybe 30% of the last 2 years?{link} It has survived airline baggage handlers and being, occasionally doused with hot or cold water. After one flooding, the display did go wonky until it dried out
by PIXIllate, 50 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 581 Views: 44056

Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience

On any grinder with variable RPM a faster grind setting will produce more fines than a slower grind setting. This will therefore produce a slower flowing shot all things equal. This last part is what confuses people. Puck prep is a VERY DIFFICULT step to get down to the point where it isn't THE major variable from shot
by N714, Today, 6:05 am in Grinders
Replies: 581 Views: 44056

Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience

No it is actually the opposite faster RPM = faster flow, and there is a different in taste too
by AndersHP, Today, 4:33 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 169

Rocket R58 idle temperature + gushing like crazy!

Shouldn't be necessary though, right?
by Maggiekw, Today, 4:32 am in Grinders
Replies: 406 Views: 54087

Lagom P100

Do you purge some beans when switching from filter to espresso, or is the shot consistent without purging? When you dial back and forth, say you are at 11 for espresso, when you go back to 11, is it exactly the same as previous?
by malling, Today, 3:54 am in Grinders
Replies: 362 Views: 27105

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Yes I do think the Cast has more of that cast body and sweetness to it. I think Cast are the only burrs that can give you both body and clarity, normally with machined it's been either body or clarity, the moment you get body you tend to also have more blending and muting of flavours that can give a
by Pflunz, Today, 3:53 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 434 Views: 60105

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

As far as I can tell, the Elizabeth has only one probe for water level in the steam boiler. Additionally, after reaching the "probe level", the Elizabeth stops quite fast with pumping. This means, that the level is nearly always the same. When it is a bit too low, it pumps, then it stops. This also leads to the circumstance
by DaumierS, Today, 3:48 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 117

Replacing La Marzocco GS3 vacuum breaker

Yes, there are three vacuum breakers. The one on the left (old), the one on the right (newest). But I was sold the third one: {link} This thirds one LM identifies as a Linear Mini breaker. The dealer I purchased it from (not LM USA) listed it as a GS3 part. And indeed, it does not fit GS3.
by Primacog, Today, 3:42 am in Grinders

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Thanks mailing for sharing your first hand experience.with both burr sets. Am I right that you did find however that the ssp cast lab sweet burrs did nevertheless have that characteristics cast steel ditting sweetness to a more marked degree than any other burr set you have tried other than the original ditting cast 80mm steel burrs?
by malling, Today, 3:32 am in Grinders

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

The Ditting has more perceived sweetness, more body but also less clarity