Recent posts

by TomC
4 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 175

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

That's in remarkable condition! I can't believe it's that complete too. It looks like it just got pulled out of service! Nice find!
by toadshade
7 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10
Views: 93

Rebuild brew pressure gauge?

I thought about that. I am going to give it a shot at least. I haven't removed the gauge yet. I am going to see if some glue works first
Advertisement
by Mr Faineant
9 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 89

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

Maybe, but I'm sure they have a thermal model of the device to calculate an approximate offset. I doubt it's pure fiction
by drgary
13 minutes ago
Replies: 19
Views: 489

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

If there's any delay in returning, I would ask the roasters about how long after roast the coffees become stale enough that they'd offer poor resistance
by Jeff
14 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 89

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

Looking at the parts diagram at {link} I only see a temperature sensor associated with the boiler. If that is the case, the "brew temperature" indication is a fiction that probably has only marketing value
by Cgr86
16 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 57
Views: 3120

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I think I'm going to get on the pre-order. The cold brew feature is awesome, and having to just fill one big tank vs. the exact amount of water is time is a really attractive feature for me
by learncoffee
18 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 5
Views: 285

What are they doing here?

Perhaps a new fermentation process using natto
by bznelson91
28 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 9
Views: 165

Travel grinder

Same. The magnets are quite strong. Brad
by wendallsan
29 minutes ago
Replies: 19
Views: 489

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Il Vecchio: I may certainly have done something wrong when replacing the piston gaskets, it is my first time at it of course. The 'sticking out ends' of the gaskets were seated facing 'outward', which I think allows the tiny holes on the piston to pressurize the hollow part of the gasket and 'inflate' it under pressure, increasing the
by TomC
30 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 57
Views: 3120

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I'm impressed by its heat retention and insulation. I got a good look at it at EXPO, but didn't hang around to try any brew on it. I also like the carafe design, it'll be very easy to clean. Plus it's feature set blows the Moccamaster out of the water