Recent Posts

by scrane, 4 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 43 Views: 2490

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

I live in Idaho and the RH is generally pretty low. I grind into the double wall cup and transfer to the filter basket. If I wait for 30 seconds with the grounds in the cup I have no static retention. I rarely break open the Niche to clean it. It doesn't seem necessary. For me the Niche is a
by AndersHP, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Rocket R58 questions

Hi guys. Recently bought a used R58, and from the manual + booting up on the display it says 2015 - does that make it a V2? What is the difference exactly? {image} I'm really enjoying the machine, looks great and espresso has never been better I have a few questions about
by beanbrowner, 47 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 43 Views: 2490

Niche Zero: To RDT or Not to RDT

Definitely not. It's not recommended by Niche themselves and from my experience it leads to loads of gunk inside the grinding chamber when cleaning
by boren, 50 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 441 Views: 60537

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

Darren, is this documented somewhere or did you reach this conclusion through observation?
by Dazzle12, 59 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 441 Views: 60537

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

The brew boiler only fills after the shot is finished. This avoids temperature fluctuation. The steam boiler will refill during use if you are steaming 750ml or more milk in one go (eg for hot chocolates)
by beanbrowner, Today, 7:23 am in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 20

Sanding the burr carrier and collar on Niche Zero

My Niche is about 1.5 years old and has started drifting coarser while grinding. I tried ptfe tape on the threads as the Wired Gourmet suggested on YouTube, it worked great however the tape was always shredded when I pulled the grinder apart to clean it so I stopped using it. I tried replacing the springs with the
by decent_espresso, Today, 7:21 am in Marketplace
Replies: 1076 Views: 114843

Decent Espresso news

{image} Types of Olive wood handles Of the 1000 handles we had made from reclaimed, end-of-life Italian olive trees, we've accepted about 600 of them, and the other 400 will be reworked. And of those 600 sets (one of each size handle) my head-of-factory manager Nicole separated them into four categories that she made up:
by vit, Today, 6:03 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 20 Views: 354

La Pavoni Europiccola 2021 - Bypassing the pressurestat

Part of that energy will be used to heat the kitchen as well ... on the other side, part of the energy will come from cooling of the remaining water in the boiler while pressure is decreasing (which will usually happen). For instance, cooling 0.5 kg of water by 10°C will give around 10 kJ, so even with heater off
by Grrr, Today, 4:38 am in Grinders
Replies: 1350 Views: 135087

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

My hopper is dead thanks to the rats. Any idea where I can find a replacement in EU? (Homebarista.be is out of stock) {image}
by BodieZoffa, Today, 4:22 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 85

Profitec Pro 300 vs Rancilio Silvia Pro/Pro X

I have the Silvia Pro and find it to be exactly what I want/expect in a machine. Build quality/components used is top notch to last indefinitely and it's a very solid performer in the demitasse time and time again. Recovery between back-back extractions is quite fast and mine has been flawless for going on 1 year now, averaging 6-7 doubles