Recent Posts

by algata, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Help moving on from Blue Bottle dripper

Hey everyone - long time lurker here and just decided to make an account to post for some purchasing help. During the height of the pandemic, a family member graciously bought me the blue bottle pour over kit, which included the dripper, filters, and server. I have tried multiple recipes with this dripper and can sometimes achieve desirable results, but...
by BaristaBoy E61, 3 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 16

Rancilio Silvia Steam Knob Removal

Welcome to HB Bob! If the knob is held on by a 'C' or 'E' type clip it needs to be pried off with a fine screwdriver by placing a corner of the screwdriver between the space between the top or bottom of the clip and the centre element of the 'E' and pry the clip off gently. These clips...
by chanty 77, 7 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 16 Views: 197

Lelit Victoria question/possible problem

Yes, I tried that. The other day--I hit the steam button after it was going back to "brew" temp. It immediately started to go to steam temp again (275°) The bar has to complete under the 275 before it is ready to steam which doesn't take very long. That does seem to be a workaround. Thing is if this happens...
by Gionnibello, 12 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 32

Nuova Simonelli Oscar on/off switch replacement

Hey friend, any update on removing the round knob? I'm interested 'cause I own the same Oscar and I wonder if one day... Also, any idea on where to find an OPV for that Oscar without recurring to Elektros.it? It kills me having to pay more for shipping than the actual OPV. Thanks for the insight.
by TomC, 22 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 1 Views: 35

GrowlerWerks Ukeg Nitro

Welcome to HB Richard! I didn't want your post to sit unanswered, even though I don't have one of these. I was mildly interested when they came out, but almost never have nitro brew that I figured I didn't need another coffee device unitasker. I do have one of those nitro siphon things for whipped cream if the urge hits....
by nameisjoey, 28 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 63

How best to drink Gesha Natural Anaerobic Fermentation?

Holy s**t I thought I was crazy, thank you for saying that. A couple years ago I got a coffee that was stored in bourbon barrels while green from a company out of Memphis called Vice & Virtue. It was surprisingly wonderful, rich, and delicious when brewed French press. I really enjoyed it. Then about a month ago I got...
by BaristaBoy E61, 38 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5 Views: 82

Coffee grounds left in finished espresso cup normal?

I would imagine that the 2-factors that would contribute most to coffee grounds passing through to the bottom of the cup are ground coffee particle size and basket hole size. The things that you can control that would impact this situation would be grind fineness, water temperature and preinfusion saturation time of the puck.
by spressomon, 41 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 587 Views: 63811

Decent Espresso news

Manual states .2g accuracy for <200g loads for the new Decent Scale [from the manual on your website for this product: "Weighing accuracy: 0.2g (<200g) 0.5g (<1000g), 1g (<2000g)"]. But video & website states .1g accuracy for up to 2000grams. Also, what is the operating temperature range?
by Paolo, 48 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 124

CMA thermal management

This is the only mention of heater cartridge/s installed in the CMA group that I am aware of:- {link} so it has been (and can be) done.
by Carlosgenco, Yesterday, 11:23 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 16

Hobart 66420 single grinder

Hi! I'm from Argentina and I'm restoring an old coffee grinder from Hobart. My grinder is almost complete but I think that one or two pieces are missing. Have somebody information (pictures, or documents) about this model or some related? Enclosed are some pictures of my machine (name plate and parts being cleaned) Thanks a lot!