Recent Posts

by Beady79, 22 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 328 Views: 51327

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

For those doing multiple shots, what kind of consistency are you getting between them? I've had my Elizabeth for a couple of years now and originally the second shot would have greater yield than the first, but in the last few months its gone quite severely in the opposite direction. My first shot can be perfect (16g in 32g
by mgrob, 45 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 96

VBM Domobar Super Digit. 6 months later.

HI I am after feedback from owners on how this machine holds up with time and use given the plastic used on knobs, lever and such. Compared to my Giotto it seems... flimsy. I don't mind plastic or composites... but I do expect quality. In Australia the price is Au$4700 and at this price point I
by rbax238, Today, 3:00 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 20 Views: 864

My first espresso machine

I bought/received our P500 HX + Flow Control in Oct'21. Here's some salient points I've learned since purchase: Many (modern) HX vendors are putting flow restrictors in their machines now in order to minimize the effect of that first cooling flush. My P500 is marketed as "not requiring a flush at all." Indeed I have pulled some shots without
by Mbb, Today, 2:58 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 8 Views: 513

Is pourover/drip the best method for appreciating coffee?

I prefer v60..... Because it works..... And it's simple. Some people make it more difficult than it needs to be with elaborate routines. I've had some really interesting coffees. Just finished a geisha that basically smelled like cherries to me..... Overwhelmingly fruity. Not being somebody that particularly cares for natural coffees....... I just have to
by Cafillo, Today, 2:50 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 48 Views: 3346

SSP 98mm "Brewing" Burrs

I mean. All this burrs are good. For me the Brewing burrs act like very honest amplifiers. Shows you all out of your coffees. Roast style and taste. All the good and also the bad sides
by Cafillo, Today, 2:37 am in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 48 Views: 3346

SSP 98mm "Brewing" Burrs

At this time I had a 804 LabSweet for filter and HU burrs in the EK for espresso. I sent the original Post15 to SSP for reshaping and coating. I received the cast burrs geometry on post15 burrs (B burrs). Compared to LabSweet, the fruity coffees out of my cast burrs (reshaped B burrs) were much better. The
by erik82, Today, 2:27 am in Grinders
Replies: 52 Views: 7120

New Comandante MK4 grinder

I also work as a consultant for improving business processes and do nothing else then consulting clients for over 15 years with companies having over 30.000 employees. And I have a PhD in Psychology so kind of know a bit or two about how the brain works and I completely disagree with you. It only sounds like you made a
by AlienBean, Today, 2:18 am in Grinders
Replies: 8 Views: 368

Eureka Atom Pro

Hi, how have you found this grinder for espresso? I just ordered one. Thanks!
by truemagellen, Today, 1:31 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 358 Views: 23508

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

When you flush a dipper lever your are exposing super heated water to atmosphere. Since there is no backpressure from the puck the water rushes out. With Portafilter and coffee locked in the water fills the group calmly and the group acts as the heat sink dropping the water temp down instantly. The decent is a low
by Peppersass, Today, 1:14 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 48

Replacing coffee boiler heater seal on La Marzocco GS/3

Sorry, I should have taken a photo of the inside of the boiler after I cleaned it out. It was essentially pristine, probably not much different than the day it was made. There was still a tad of green scale around the input port at the far end the boiler, but I wasn't able to get to it. Better to