Recent Posts

by BCN, less than a minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 322 Views: 15368

Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima

Received my E1 Prima (Firmware V32) two days ago. Quite happy with the machine itself so far, but the app is still bit experimental and the manual misses lot of important information. Was asking myself the same question about the filter basket sizes. So far just found the answer for the single and the double, not the two bigger ones:...
by jevenator, less than a minute ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 87

Not satisfied with any grinder I tried for pour over

If you were trying to drink difficult to extra light roast S.O. espressos, maybe you might not be so happy with your Sette270 after all. I'm pretty happy with a 270 for medium roasts that will go to make a milk drink myself. As for pour-overs, the contenders you have listed were never known to make good filter coffee other...
by Peppersass, 2 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 43 Views: 1733

Ikawa Roaster Thoughts/Recommendations

My Quest has an Arduino/TC4 that makes it capable of automated operation with Artisan, but I've never used it that way. For a long time that was because I was trying to learn the roaster and how to roast, and consequently needed to make corrections and changes each time I roasted a particular bean. Also, I periodically made modifications to...
by drH, 5 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 19 Views: 916

Lever espresso machine designs

This is a cool idea. It doesn't seem too far off from what ACS is building with their dual boiler Vesuvius lever. That will have 3 PIDs; 1 for the brew boiler; 1 for steam boiler, and 1 for the cartridge heaters in the cylinder/group. On top of that the pump will deliver adjustable preinfusion pressure up to 5bar. You...
by homeburrero, 9 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 69

La Pavoni Europiccola power cycling, can't reach 1 bar

Good that it's softer. There are two springs available with that teflon mushroom and the one you want is the softer one with around 12 coils. (e.g., This one at Stefano's {link}.) The strong one, with around 6 coils is only to be used on machines with a pressurestat -- like the Pro and the late 90's and newer Europiccola....
by Jonk, 35 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3656 Views: 267586

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Hole enlargement. Perhaps not a big deal. In a home environment, the rating should be basically a lifetime.. but there can be signs of wear a lot earlier "Basket Wear Trivia" Imagine you pick up a second basket after a few years, perhaps it will pull a little different than your original one.
by ira, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 119

Stripped Screw Head on Burr Carrier

If it's a Phillips or hex, and everything fails, you can also try epoxying a bit in place. Make sure it's spotlessly clean and use something like JB Weld and let it set for a couple of days. And don't get it anywhere you want to come apart, it will take only a drop of less as you only have...
by blutch, 38 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 50

Decent Coffee Cart Plumbed In.

Thank you for this link. I wasn't planning to get a Decent (can't afford it) but I really like this concept and hoping to find something similar for the machine I end up buying. I do not want to plumb into my house's water supply, but this looks like a great option to me. B
by Ejquin, 48 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 87

Not satisfied with any grinder I tried for pour over

Couple of thoughts - first, I think that increasingly people are starting to shift their mindset that you only need a really good grinder for espresso. If you follow these forums closely, I feel like there's been increasing realization that to get the best brewed coffee, you want a brew focused grinder (burr), and an increase in "high end" brew...
by Maxcheese, 52 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 16

Is using multiple baskets even possible?

Hey guys! As a newbie, I bought 15g, 20g and 25g VST baskets thinking I would go back and forth between them to pull ristrettos, standard doubles and huge 50g for big lattes. However, now that I'm acquiring a little experience, I find that whenever I swith baskets, I have to dial in whole new grind settings everytime. This is...