Recent Posts

by Howard Alan Treesong, 17 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1407 Views: 127476

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

Many thanks. There has been concern about using the hot water dispenser for tea, as obviously it comes from the steam boiler rather than the brew boiler, but in your case, with so much through-put, the concerns don't eventuate
by Ypuh, 35 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

I'm drinking a few cups of tea from the LMLM every day. Since we can use our tap water in the Netherlands, there's no reason not to spill any, so I do frequent flushes etc. This results in having to refill pretty much the whole reservoir each day (about 1.5L) meaning there is never old water in my boiler. I
by espressojoe, Today, 1:09 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 42 Views: 506

Which side is the top on this heating element?

I did notice a little bit of bubbling but not a lot of fizzing or anything. I don't think that I can open the boiler to scrape it. I'll see how it looks after a couple days of vinegar
by espressojoe, Today, 1:06 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 42 Views: 506

Which side is the top on this heating element?

Okay, Thanks! I'll leave the vinegar in for a couple of days and see what happens
by Jeff, Today, 12:36 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 42

Profitec Pro 300 vs Rancilio Silvia Pro/Pro X

Though I tend toward the Pro X over the Profitec Pro 300 myself, my quick read of the "Soft Infusion" feature is that is really isn't what many would consider variable preinfusion. I maybe mistaken, but I'd hate for someone to buy a machine over another with the expectation that it "did X" and find out that it was more
by rajbangsa, Today, 12:35 am in Knockbox
Replies: 59 Views: 2488

You've Plunged Down The Rabbit Hole When:

When you got an EK but it's not a grinder {image}
by Howard Alan Treesong, Today, 12:34 am in Espresso Machines

Hi, I was interested in your comment about using the LMLM for tea. As an avid tea drinker myself I was hoping to use the LMLM for this, but other threads have indicated that using the hot water tap, which presumably comes from the steam boiler, would result in rather not very good tasting tea, given how long the water
by gobucks, Today, 12:25 am in Buying Advice

I personally think the Profitec, Silvia, and Elizabeth all look pretty similar. Between the Profitec and the Silvia, I'd go with the Silvia Pro X - I'd much prefer to have at least one of preinfusion or flow control, without either you're really limited in what you can do with lighter roasts or denser beans. The boiler differences
by makspyat, Today, 12:21 am in Buying Advice

Pro 300 is excellent, reliable little machine. I absolutely love mine. But if I had to choose between those 2, I would probably get Silvia because of adjustable pre-infusion. If you get Pro 300, you may be left with desire to upgrade your machine in a year or two
by another_jim, Today, 12:05 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1 Views: 18

FresshRoast SR540 or 800 on 230-volt Converters

Before getting a converter, you might check the possibility that the FreshRoasts are built for both voltages with series/parallel heaters and dual tap fan motors. In that case, shifting a few wires will do the trick