Recent Posts

by cmin, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 30

Breville 920xl pressure not changing anymore (Slayer'd) ?

Added vids, hope someone can help as it sucks having thin crappy shots for over a month lol.
by cafeIKE, 19 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 30 Views: 422

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

I just checked the BZ 10 parts diagram and it has no gicleur [flow restrictor] as do e61*, so the gauge pressure is likely brew pressure. Try dialing the pressure down to 9 on a shot that is flowing to spec. * on many e61, there is a flow restrictor that reduces the flow and thus the puck pressure.
by daviddecristoforo, 20 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 17

Eureka Specialita - No power to motor

Betcha anything your grinder is clogged up. Pull the top off and see if the grinding chamber and discharge chute are plugged up. This will stall out the motor. Don't need to ask me how I know this...
by Auctor, 38 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 521

San Remo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

It's a DB based on your uploaded doc, and appears to be what the Eagle 1 Prima should've been in terms of functionality. Looks like a winner in terms of looks too - now, is it priced like the Prima, or the Dalla Corte Mina?
by cafeIKE, 44 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques

That Café Royale will likely run like water unless ground to Turkish fineness. Take a day and find all the nearby traditional Italian bars in Zurich. Call them up and ask them what coffee they use and if it is locally roasted. Visit the ones that are locally roasted, have a single, not a ½ double, and if you like...
by elkayem, 45 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 17

Eureka Specialita - No power to motor

I have a Specialita purchased new about 6 months ago that performed flawlessly until my second espresso this morning. After pushing in the portafilter to start the grind, I hear the click of the motor relay and the countdown timer moving, but no grinding. The motor wasn't stalled, it apparently just wasn't getting any power. I power cycled and tried...
by HB, 49 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 521

San Remo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

That's a small brew boiler, but larger than the La Marzocco Linea Mini's; the steam boiler is much smaller. Not sure what to make of the San Remo's brochure saying "Instant freshly heated water for higher quality infusions." That sounds like a heat exchanger. The dimensions are fairly cabinet friendly (394mm = 15.5"). {image} From "brochure" (PDF)
by HB, Today, 11:40 am in Tips and Techniques

It's a broad generalization, but in my experience, dark roasted coffees sold in 1kg bags are unforgiving of any flaw in technique or precision of equipment. While it may seem like a "waste" of coffee, it's much easier to learn with coffee that's freshly roasted (i.e., around 7 to 10 days post roast) versus the types of coffees that have...
by Marcus1968, Today, 11:39 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 46 Views: 8084

Flair Pro 2 vs. Cafelat Robot vs. ROK GC

My tentative conclusion -digging through this forum- is that the Robot with medium and darker roasts, don't necessarily require preheating. Am I right? But the Flair is stricter there? BTW: When I see Robot workflow reviews; Then it strikes me that people have to put in a lot of effort for 9 bar / espresso. That looks uncomfortable to me....
by Capuchin Monk, Today, 11:39 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 19 Views: 259

Making my drum roaster spin faster?

I just go by the sight. After many roasts, I know what position of dial it should be at and I've marked it on the surface. So for me, no need to upgrade the gas input.