Recent Posts

by 709espresso, 5 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 48

Pourover vs. Espresso - Acidity

I often add water in my espresso with a ratio of 1:1 - 40g of coffee out, 40g of water added. Of course this is much less than would be in a pourover, but I don't see how putting more water in my espresso is going to make it more acidic in my stomach. The brew process is
by bobkat, 12 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 4 Views: 47

Figuring out water for new espresso setup

+1 on what Nino said
by schomin, 15 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 4 Views: 47

Figuring out water for new espresso setup

All of the values for the well water were measured by the well company shortly after we moved into the house. So I would hope they are pretty accurate. I am planning to have some additional testing done for alkalinity as well as a couple of other items. For the custom water route I will definitely check out
by BaristaBoy E61, 18 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 28

Izzo Alex Duetto III - Brew Boiler Not Heating

Update 1st I would like to thank all that took the time to read this post even if you had nothing further to contribute, as you could not know that unless you read through this first. I also want to say that I'm posting all this in as must detail as possible not only to help myself but
by Mike3dr, 21 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 28

Pullman or VST baskets

Getting a ECM Synchronika, (used) the old owner recommended New VST baskets (he is keeping the ones he bought), wanted to get peoples opinion on them, and which they liked better
by JRising, 23 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 18

Rotary pump for sage oracle

It's more about where you're going to mount it that would make one type more suitable than another. Since it won't be able to fit inside the machine, just go with the larger, less expensive types. No need to buy a stainless steel, short-necked pump for $500 when a $110 rotoflow goes under the counter just as easily
by JRising, 27 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 15

La Cimbali M32 Bistro Single / Wildly inconsistent shots

Is what you're describing maybe... Sometimes when you start with no portafilter in place, the water in the brew circuit is above boiling temperature? Thus, the opening of the valve lets the superheated water boil, the steam expands to fill the circuit displacing the water which is blown out through the wide-open grouphead until the steam has
by Jeff, 34 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 28

Pullman or VST baskets

Why do you want new baskets? What are you trying to achieve? What machine, grinder, and coffees are you using? If you're new to espresso, my answer is pretty much "none of the above". If you want new baskets, I'd stick with something like the EPNW HQ 14 (that one doses like an 18 and I prefer
by Kaffee Bitte, 37 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 25 Views: 430

Cowless milk tip

You are right about soy and soy lecithin being different allergy wise. Soy lecithin allergies are not as common but those who are allergic to it need to read the allergen info on many things you wouldn't expect it in. It's everywhere. A dear friend has that allergy and she has a very limited diet far from processed foods